User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $$$

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    HA!!! Welcome. Just the tip of the iceberg!
    Just so I do not forget exactly how basic camping can be, my wife framed a picture of me at 23 on my motorcycle with the bedroll tied to the handlebars and a kit containing my mess kit, minimal clean clothes, and survival essentials tucked behind the seat and put in on the arm table next to the sofa so I can see it is while reclined in my theater seat with remote control in one hand and a gin & tonic in the other!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    I’d have to live to be 150 and RV the whole time to ever catch up to all the fun nights I’ve had in my life sleeping under the stars on a tarp or in a tent. Talking by a fire and dozing off in a deep dark woods, by a stream or lake. Waking to the birds at daylight, eating breakfast watching the sunrise over a mountain. Bundled up inside a bitterly cold tent so we could see the view of a valley under a new blanket of snow in the morning.
    Those were the days! No worrying about wheel bearings, cholesterol or 401Ks!
    The best trip I recall ever having was after I helped a buddy outfit his van. We left for Florida for spring break, being in our early twenties the call was irresistible. I told my employer I would be taking two weeks vacation and since I was an apprentice had a month off between classes for Easter break. This was going to be a "low budget tour". We left home and the first night found us along the boardwalk at Virginia Beach, Va. From here we never traveled a major highway, mostly Rt 1. We slept on the beaches and rode the ferries all along the Outer Banks. Stayed at Wilmington and Charleston SC. Had a blast in Savannah and St Augustine. Then hit Daytona where we hooked up with my old HS buddy. At that time it was the place be for spring break. All the way down the Atlantic coast watching sunrises and sleeping where we found ourselves that night. We got lost in time in the Keys and kinda-on-purpose made no great effort to get back home. I missed Easter at home and Mom was p!**'d when I called Easter morning and told her. They thought I died or quit, depending on who you asked, at work . When I went back to class at apprentice school I was called into the office for the mandatory lecture and I really didn't realize at the time how much trouble I was in. What we set out to do, hang out at Daytona never really materialized, it was more fun to explore. It was all worth it!

Imagene, I'm sorry to hijack your thread. I blame these guys they got got me started.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 05-31-2020 at 05:10 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaGene View Post
    I’ve had the genee for a few years now. Damnit what is this about disc brakes? How much does that cost?
    Here's one of quite a few threads here about it.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...IS-Disc-Brakes

I didn't read to see if price is mentioned, but if not there are other threads. Use Google to search. Type in

morryde "disk brakes" site:mygrandrv.com

exactly like that and Google will find mentions of it on just this site. (Google is often better than the site's own search engine at finding stuff.)

I am curious. My stinger bounces in the hitch. How do I fix that?
    There are things you can do to the pinbox, and things you can do to the hitch, all cost money. Here's one that's fairly popular:

https://www.reeseprod.com/products/p...notJoVbxIFMqvl

A
    gain, Google is your friend.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    The best trip I recall ever having was after I helped a buddy outfit his van. We left for Florida for spring break, being in our early twenties the call was irresistible. I told my employer I would be taking two weeks vacation and since I was an apprentice had a month off between classes for Easter break. This was going to be a "low budget tour". We left home and the first night found us along the boardwalk at Virginia Beach, Va. From here we never traveled a major highway, mostly Rt 1. We slept on the beaches and rode the ferries all along the Outer Banks. Stayed at Wilmington and Charleston SC. Had a blast in Savannah and St Augustine. Then hit Daytona where we hooked up with my old HS buddy. At that time it was the place be for spring break. All the way down the Atlantic coast watching sunrises and sleeping where we found ourselves that night. We got lost in time in the Keys and kinda-on-purpose made no great effort to get back home. I missed Easter at home and Mom was p!**'d when I called Easter morning and told her. They thought I died or quit, depending on who you asked, at work . When I went back to class at apprentice school I was called into the office for the mandatory lecture and I really didn't realize at the time how much trouble I was in. What we set out to do, hang out at Daytona never really materialized, it was more fun to explore. It was all worth it!

Imagene, I'm sorry to hijack your thread. I blame these guys they got got me started.
    This brings back great memories! For many years we tent camped at least one weekend per month, 12 months per year. Sometimes without tents. Some of the most challenging were camping in January in Minnesota without tents.

When I graduated from high school me and two buddy’s took all of our money and and put it in the glove box of a VW micro bus and went on a road trip. We said we would be back when we ran out of money. We spent 3 weeks hanging around Wyoming and Utah. One of the best trips of my life!

Did several motorcycle camping trips too.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to quit reading these forums. I have only been on here a month. Since then I have bug screens everywhere. Had a hitch welded on. Leaf shackles reinforced. Have a max fan coming via Amazon for the bedroom. Bathroom fan was the first thing I did when we bought it. Plan on adding a second pump switch in bathroom now.

I can’t afford this forum.

Safe glamping!
    Gotcha! Haven't been on first trip yet but;
    New Silverado 3500, $70,000
    Used 2018 Reflection 337RLS $35,000
    B&W Slider Hitch w/ GM Puck System $1,700
    Generator $650
    Grill Setup $200
    Electrical Connectors/Converters, Waste Systems, Fresh Water Systems, Containers/Hooks/Straps...
    It just never ends.
    Oh, and the time to learn how everything works, and how to fix it when it breaks, and the stuff to fix it with.....
    It goes on and on!!!
    Happy Glamping

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It going to take quite a while to recoup all the expenses, but with the TSD fuel card I'm saving money and I learned about it here on the forum. I'm saving around $20.00 per fill-up of diesel. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12