Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Later year 303 rls grey tanks individual capacities

In trying to find out the individual grey tank capacities of my 2019 303 rls, all I could find was discussions about capacities back in 2014/2015 when total grey tank capacity for both tanks was 75 gallons. Now that it’s 87 gallons, what are the new individual capacities of each tank, is it equally split at around 43 gallons each or is one significantly smaller than the other? By the way Grand Design, why can’t you just list these separately in the spec sheets or in the owners manual, why do you have to make it such a mystery and so difficult to find out what EACH tank holds, rather than just listing the total for both tanks?? So frustrating!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t tell you for sure how they are supposed to be divided but I can tell you what I actually get in mine. Hope this helps a little.

Holding Tank Sizes
    Fresh
    1/3 - 11
    2/3 - 25
    Full - 40
    Overflow - 52

Gray 1 (Bath)
    1/3 - 9
    2/3 - 21.5
    Full - 30
    Max - 35

Gray 2 (Kitchen)
    1/3 - 6.5
    2/3 - 11
    Full - 24.5
    Max - 28

Black
    1/3 - 9
    2/3 - 20.5
    Full - 30.5
    Max - 41
    Last edited by Justa5th; 05-30-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t see or open your attachment for some reason

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kev1267 View Post
    Can’t see or open your attachment for some reason
    I went back to original reply and typed it out. Not sure why the attachment didn’t show.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, is this typical to get nowhere near what the manufacturers specs say?? 35 plus 28 does not equal 87...how did you verify these numbers? I assume the fresh water Tank capacity of 60 includes the 6 gallon hot water so 52 in the main tank is close, and I can see how max for black tank could be called at 41 instead of the advertised 47 because who would ever want to totally max out the black tank...but the grey tank totals you have are a full 24 gallons under the max of 87.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, is this typical to get nowhere near what the manufacturers specs say?? 35 plus 28 does not equal 87...how did you verify these numbers? I assume the fresh water Tank capacity of 60 includes the 6 gallon hot water so 52 in the main tank is close, and I can see how max for black tank could be called at 41 instead of the advertised 47 because who would ever want to totally max out the black tank...but the grey tank totals you have are a full 24 gallons under the max of 87.
    I’m not sure if it is normal or not to be below advertised amounts. Out of the 7 trailers I have owned I have only measured tanks on the last 2. I used a digital hose flow meter (that I verified was accurate). The first trailer (of a different brand) I measured it was dead on down to the gallon on all tanks. The GD fell short. I believe it’s the way the tanks are mounted because spec wise they are the correct size.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks this is extremely helpful info, that’s great that you took the time and expense to do the measurements. Now I can plan for how often I’ll need to transfer grey into a portable tote for extended boon docking and that with a 36 gallon tote, I should be able to completely empty 1 grey tank without overflowing. 👍👍

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks this is extremely helpful info, that’s great that you took the time and expense to do the measurements. Now I can plan for how often I’ll need to transfer grey into a portable tote for extended boon docking and that with a 36 gallon tote, I should be able to completely empty 1 grey tank without overflowing. ����
    The flow meters are relatively inexpensive online if you wanted to measure yours. Only difference is my unit was new so I could dump the tank water on the grass because the tanks had never been used.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    I went back to original reply and typed it out. Not sure why the attachment didn’t show.
    Members without a paid subscription don't have access to attachments, I believe.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Members without a paid subscription don't have access to attachments, I believe.
    Ahh thanks. Wondered about that.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast