Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 22MLE WD/sway tow hitch

Hi Everyone,

Thank-you all for your replies on my prior posts. This forum has been really helpful.

I have a couple of questions for 22 MLE owners relating to your Wd/sway control hitches.

(1) What is the distance from the center tongue of ball hitch to front and back of propane tanks? (i forgot to measure on model)
    (2) Is the propane tank bottom bracket welded on frame or is it movable?
    (3) What did you all purchase for your Wd/sway control hitches, and are you happy with it.

Im thinking of purchasing the Husky Ceneterline Ts hitch, as I like the all in one unit, reviews, and Videos of it in action. you can easily back up with bars engaged. My concern is the frame brackets can mount between 28 1/2" to 30 1/2" from the center of tongue ball, it looks like the propane tanks are right in that area, or pretty close to it.

Any input would be Appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hitch.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrio22 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thank-you all for your replies on my prior posts. This forum has been really helpful.

I have a couple of questions for 22 MLE owners relating to your Wd/sway control hitches.

(1) What is the distance from the center tongue of ball hitch to front and back of propane tanks? (i forgot to measure on model)
    (3) What did you all purchase for your Wd/sway control hitches, and are you happy with it.

Im thinking of purchasing the Husky Ceneterline Ts hitch, as I like the all in one unit, reviews, and Videos of it in action. you can easily back up with bars engaged. My concern is the frame brackets can mount between 28 1/2" to 30 1/2" from the center of tongue ball, it looks like the propane tanks are right in that area, or pretty close to it.

Propane tank is in whatever position the sat it in when the self tapping screws were installed. It may interfere, but can be moved. It won’t be in exactly the same spot trailer to trailer.

Lots of good hitches out there. Blue Ox often recommended on here. I went with it for ease of setup, made in USA, and ability to change just the bars between trailers (a feature I’ve already used as I bought more hitch originally than we ended up needing).

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigrio22 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I can let you know next week. We finally got the call to pick up our 22mle and I also purchase the Husky from the dealer which they will be setting it up for me.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steaalth13777. So many choices, I think ill go with blue ox or the husky ts..

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ynot4me2! Yes please let me know your thoughts, You have also answered my question on the sizing, so looks like it will fit.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an XLS 22RBE and are using the Husky Centerline. Our frame brackets have just enough room behind the tanks to fit. So far so good. Pretty easy to make adjustments and no problems backing up with the bars engaged.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hitman3. Appreciate your input. Definitely either husky centerline ts or ox pro sway.

How do you like the performance?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far so good. I can’t compare it to anything else as this is our first TT. The dealer we bought from offered the blue ox. Couple of reasons I went with the Husky instead: I have a buddy who has a WDH with the chains, not sure which brand, but he said he wished he would have bought the style with the bars like the Husky or Equalizer. 2nd being the price, I found a pretty screaming deal on my Husky for $265 brand new. Dealer wanted over $700 for the Blue Ox. Blue Ox has great reviews and people seem pretty happy with them. The Husky will create some noise when going around corners because of the tension the bars are under but other WDH’s will do the same. Which ever you get make sure to read the instructions so you understand how to make adjustments if needed. If you get the Husky and have any questions, let me know.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hitsman3, I will definitely let you now.
    Jason & Katie
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.6l

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Hitman3,

Quick question I forgot to ask. What tongue weight did you get on the Husky centerline ts? 600-800#?
    Jason & Katie
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.6l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast