User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC/Microwave and Fireplace Issues

Hello,

I have recently had my Imagine, brand new 2020, hooked up to 30amp.

My AC unit keep going on and off and the compressor or whatever keeps going on and off as well.

I also tried to run the mircrowave and it went off and no fuses are broken.

My fireplace will not turn on either.

Any tips, I'm kind of worried as we have a trip coming up. Thanks.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

I have recently had my Imagine, brand new 2020, hooked up to 30amp.

My AC unit keep going on and off and the compressor or whatever keeps going on and off as well.

I also tried to run the mircrowave and it went off and no fuses are broken.

My fireplace will not turn on either.

Any tips, I'm kind of worried as we have a trip coming up. Thanks.
    Are you trying to run all them at once? I believe 30 amp service won't support all at once. More likely only one at a time.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My AC unit was going on and off to begin with, it just wouldn't stay on. I mistakeninly hit the microware to test that, and the microwave just went off after a second.

The furion fireplace is connect to the tv circuit, the tv works but the fireplace wont at all.

I reset the breakers but no luck with the fireplace, ac or microwave, the microwave time won't display either.

I just had 30amp installed at my house, into my main circuit breaker and the tested the volts and 220 are at the 30 amp box.
    Last edited by EddieK82; 05-31-2020 at 12:38 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My AC unit was going on and off to begin with, it just wouldn't stay on. I mistakeninly hit the microware to test that, and the microwave just went off after a second.

The furion fireplace is connect to the tv circuit, the tv works but the fireplace wont at all.

I reset the breakers but no luck with the fireplace, ac or microwave, the microwave time won't display either.

I just had 30amp installed at my house, into my main circuit breaker and the tested the volts and 220 are at the 30 amp box.
    If you are getting 220 Volts then the outlet is not wired correctly. Unplug that cord immediately and hope you have not burned up some items such as converter, microwave, tv, etc.

The correct RV outlet voltage for 30 amp service is 120 Volt. You need to have this checked immediately as it is not correct.

Good luck.
    Last edited by weekender01; 05-31-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have plugged in an regular extension cord and my tv works, and it seams everything else is working other than the microwave not showing time (i think when I tried to use it with the 30amp, something blew out) and my furion fire place. How can I go about testing to see if I have blown any of these things?

Now I'm worried I friend my entire brand new TT. WTF
    Last edited by EddieK82; 05-31-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have plugged in an regular extension cord and my tv works, and it seams everything else is working other than the microwave not showing time (i think when I tried to use it with the 30amp, something blew out) and my furion fire place. How can I go about testing to see if I have blown any of these things?

Now I'm worried I friend my entire brand new TT. WTF
    Don't worry as it is all going to be OK in the end. Things happen and can be fixed.

If you hired this to be hooked up by a licensed electrician I would go back after them to recover the cost of any damages you find. Also may want to contact your insurance company as well.

I am not an electrician, but if it were me I would go back to the dealer or find a qualified RV tech. They will need to check things coming into your trailer then each appliance. Start with the converter and make sure it is working correctly then work from there. If you are lucky it may have just blown some fuses in the converter, but may need replacing. From there they will need to check any appliances not working such as microwave, fireplace and refrigerator, AC, etc.

One suggestion if I may. Do you have any type of EMS system such as the progressive unit? If not I would recommend installing one as believe it or not this can also happen at some campgrounds as well. I know it is after the fact, but may be something you want for the future.

Good luck with dealing with this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can I check the converter? It seams everything in here is working correctly but the microwave and the fireplace. I have to get the correct voltage on the 30amp, which he is doing shortly to check the ac.

Also, the converter breaker should always been on right? What does a converter actually do? We are brand new to this and just starting out so I am doing my best to try and figure this all out.
    Last edited by EddieK82; 05-31-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can I check the converter? It seams everything in here is working correctly but the microwave and the fireplace. I have to get the correct voltage on the 30amp, which he is doing shortly to check the ac.

Also, the converter breaker should always been on right? What does a converter actually do? We are brand new to this and just starting out so I am doing my best to try and figure this all out.

Converter converts input 120 vac to DC to charge the battery and provide power to the 12 volt lights etc.

If the converter is not working then after the battery would not remained charged and after a while your led lights etc will no longer work.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I run the battery down some and connect my truck, let it run, if the batteries charge that converter is ok?
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still baffled how the fireplace is not working, yet the tv is and they're both on the same breaker. I have tested all the outlets, they all work, the stove lights the fans, the fridge is working, the tv, the slides, I didn't turn on any of the water pumps or water heaters, so I'm hoping they'll work. The usb ports work and I have my country music on now. So all seams ok other than the fireplace and microwave. I have to see if the ac works when he puts me to 110 soon.
    Last edited by EddieK82; 05-31-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast