User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    So far I know my fireplace, microwave and fridge is toasted. Anyone know what that could cost to replace just to start?
    If you have a standard RV refrigerator that runs on AC or Gas, it can be repaired.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I know my fireplace, microwave and fridge is toasted. Anyone know what that could cost to replace just to start?
    Furion fireplace is about $200-250 https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-RV_...ontent=Furrion

Furion microwave convection oven about $600

Refrigerator is probably repairable by a tech.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, not too bad then unless they find more wrong. The fridge I can hear turn on when I use gas, but electric I can't hear anything come on. I'm already like "hmm, what can I upgrade to that's better now that these are toasted" lol. GF is going to say "no no no, you replace it with what was there" haha

On a better note, I did pull it for the first time the other day and my 1500 handled it pretty good on the highway and on some steep inclines and declines. Still going to a 2500 in October though (can't wait for that new toy).
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, not too bad then unless they find more wrong. The fridge I can hear turn on when I use gas, but electric I can't hear anything come on. I'm already like "hmm, what can I upgrade to that's better now that these are toasted" lol. GF is going to say "no no no, you replace it with what was there" haha

On a better note, I did pull it for the first time the other day and my 1500 handled it pretty good on the highway and on some steep inclines and declines. Still going to a 2500 in October though (can't wait for that new toy).

Eddie, the prices I quoted was mail order prices from trailer.com

The dealership will likely charge you twice that amount.

Fireplace is easily replaced by you

Microwave is a simple replacement. Here’s a YouTube video on removing and replacing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=737V...BPVI6N6MfODQPw
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks jerryr, I did pull the fireplace and the power outlet works, so it's definitely blown out. I haven't looked at any internals or connections to the others yet.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thanks jerryr, I did pull the fireplace and the power outlet works, so it's definitely blown out. I haven't looked at any internals or connections to the others yet.
    The fireplace might be as simple as a blown circuit board and those are fairly easy to replace. In your trailer folder/paperwork there should be paperwork for the Greystone, call their number and they can tell you how to check the board. We did that a few years ago when the circuit board fried..an easy 20 ir 30 fix.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fridge seams to be working on 30amp now that it is the correct volts, I'm not sure the converter is working correctly though as I had the 110v extension cord plugged in and the fridge wouldn't work on that and I woke up this morning and the battery was not fully charged.

I have the 30amp connected now waiting to see if that makes a difference. I'm still waiting to hear back from where I bought it in order to get it looked at.

My main question now is also, will I be able to take it camping this week as it seams to be ok and only a few things aren't working, and will I be able to close the slides if the battery dies?
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fridge seams to be working on 30amp now that it is the correct volts, I'm not sure the converter is working correctly though as I had the 110v extension cord plugged in and the fridge wouldn't work on that and I woke up this morning and the battery was not fully charged.

I have the 30amp connected now waiting to see if that makes a difference. I'm still waiting to hear back from where I bought it in order to get it looked at.

My main question now is also, will I be able to take it camping this week as it seams to be ok and only a few things aren't working, and will I be able to close the slides if the battery dies?
    Either the 15 amp extension cord or the 30 amp RV hookup would have charged the battery if the converter was working - there's no difference between the two as to the path of power supplied. The answer is, "No," you won't be able to operate the slides with a dead battery without getting out the manual crank and learning how to use it (and it's not terribly easy). You also won't have power to the brakes via the emergency disconnect with a dead battery should something happen - not a safe situation (nor legal).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddie,

You seem pretty handy. If you have a a multimeter what is the voltage at your battery with the RV plugged in? If it reads 13 v or more with RV plugged in then the converter is working. If it reads below 12.3 or so it’s not.

Converters are inexpensive and easily replaced. Amazon has them with prime next day delivery for about $150. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wfco+conv...f=nb_sb_noss_1

Grand Design usually installs WFCO converters. Check out your model number on the unit. There are 2 external fuses that you should check first. Those normally only blow when connecting the battery reversed.

I’m not sure where it would be on your trailer. If you decide to replace yours get the same rating as the one in your trailer.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 06-01-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddy checked the wires going into the battery when we had it plugged into the 30amp and there was no juice flowing through them. We also located one fuse on the hot wire that was not blown.

If I do go the route of replacing the converter, is there one that would be "stronger" persay to buy than another, or just go with the one that matches what I have now? Also, we pulled the panel to the fridge and could not see any burnt wires, fried wires and no damage and all fuses we could see (there were 2 glass cylinder type fuses) were also not blown.

Also, the converter breaker was off when we checked it after the 220v was turned on. I put it back into place and it didn't go off again, but my buddy realizing that there was an issue, turned it right back off after about a minute.

Mentally, I'm kind of happy this happened in a way that I really am learning A LOT about how this all works with replacing parts and troubleshooting things which down the line will help me if this ever happens when we are traveling.

I appreciate everyones input and help with all this as without all of you I would be in a very, very worse off state mentally not knowing what to do. Thanks everyone, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along fixing these things.

Also, do you know of any fuse locations in a 2670 that I should be looking for that my be the culprit?
    Last edited by EddieK82; 06-01-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast