User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting. It doesn't surprise me with supply and demand what it has been, that they would push for more profit. Being in a dealership you would have a better handle on it than me.

RV manufacturers have enjoyed a unique opportunity for increased sales this year. I just don't see the same demand in the future. In fact there are several reasons I don't see future demand. Time will tell.
    Last edited by dryfly; 10-02-2020 at 05:56 PM.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Before the covid thing, it was a toss up which was being built more rapidly, RVs / tiny homes or campgrounds. Here in Bastrop just 20 miles south east of Austin, I have lost count of the campgrounds. Within a 10 mile radius of Bastrop there was something like 30+ campgrounds. No kidding! A new one just opened up 3 weeks ago, 90+ sites, private lake, paved/gravel sites, laundry, game room, meeting house, small on-site store, WiFi.
    We bought a deeded lot zoned for RV living in a resort a couple of years ago. It gives us a guaranteed home base. The owners with rental lots have been doing pretty well, and we are starting to see snowbirds coming in.

Since that time, there are a couple of new RV parks within 10 miles, and another two under construction, and another one in the approval process at the City. None of the new places offer lots for sale, all of them are rental only.

The ones that are already built seem to be pretty full most of the time. At the height of the shutdown when they first opened, they filled up within a week of opening.

There are some lots listed as available in various states on sites like RVPROPERTY.COM and RVPARKSTORE.COM, but not as many as in the past. Prices are also nuts. I'm even seeing a lot of vacant land lots in other places where RV's can be used going pretty quickly. We are starting to see some more RV storage places also popping up, and the ones there are already are pretty full. I'm amazed when we pass by one of them, there are a LOT of more expensive units (Momentums, Solitudes, higher-priced Heartland, etc.) in there.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-03-2020 at 04:56 AM.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    We bought a deeded lot zoned for RV living in a resort a couple of years ago. It gives us a guaranteed home base. The owners with rental lots have been doing pretty well, and we are starting to see snowbirds coming in.

Since that time, there are a couple of new RV parks within 10 miles, and another two under construction, and another one in the approval process at the City. None of the new places offer lots for sale, all of them are rental only.

The ones that are already built seem to be pretty full most of the time. At the height of the shutdown when they first opened, they filled up within a week of opening.

There are some lots listed as available in various states on sites like RVPROPERTY.COM and RVPARKSTORE.COM, but not as many as in the past. Prices are also nuts. I'm even seeing a lot of vacant land lots in other places where RV's can be used going pretty quickly. We are starting to see some more RV storage places also popping up, and the ones there are already are pretty full. I'm amazed when we pass by one of them, there are a LOT of more expensive units (Momentums, Solitudes, higher-priced Heartland, etc.) in there.
    We were driving back to the RV from Austin the other day along highway 71 toward Bastrop, and now there are a couple places that was ranch land now have a lot of RVs parked and people camping, kind of like Quartzsite. One new small park was just built especially for tiny homes. Heck there are a couple places that are sales lots for tiny homes, almost like RV dealerships.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiny homes are facing a lot of issues on their own. If not RVIA Certified (for what that's worth) they can't go in most RV parks. Just like RV's, a lot of communities are NIMBY on them. People want to live in them, buy them, and then discover there are few places to put them. I'll bet their prices are on the rise too.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chap442 View Post
    How long did it take to get VIN after your order date? We ordered ours 4 weeks ago, they gave us an offline date of July 1 but no vin number yet
    sorry wasnt watching lately but we ordered ours mid march our dealer was fantastic he got us on a priority list and got ours first week in may got our vin number mid april . and from what i could find searching we got the first one in canada.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just closed on a 2021 GD Solitude 375RES last week.
    The Build Sheet had a bottom line of $113,535. I paid $83,999. That is a "discount" of about 26%.
    We were looking hard at a 2020 model for $78,999 when my unit showed up on the lot with an 8K axle upgrade (with disc brakes and H rated tires) and slide toppers already installed.
    I couldn't pass that up so we jumped in with both feet.
    Based on this experience, I didn't pay any more for a "bare bones" 2021 vs a 2020.
    The two upgrades mentioned would have cost about $10,000 aftermarket, so I think I got a better deal on the 2021 than I would have on the 2020.

I search RV Trader constantly and I do notice that advertised prices have increased dramatically, but deals can be made if you are patient and persistent.
    Just my 2 cents...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456