Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Door Norcold Frost Fan Install Help

All,

I am in the process of installing this fan from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse: Norcold 4 door evaporator fan.

The instructions that came with it are not very specific on which 12v DC port to slave into.

I have installed on the fins and ran wire to through the drain tubing. I am now stuck on where in the heck to wire the power into.

I am attaching photos of the possible inputs and any and all help are appreciated.

(Before posting I did google the crap out of my question, including going through as many posts as I could here. I found some photos of installs, but none were specific to my configuration).

BillClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0990.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	26862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0991.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	26863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0992.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	26864
    U.S. Army Retired
    Enjoying Second Career and Camping
    2018 F-350 Lariat SRW Supercrew Diesel 4x4
    2021 Reflection 28BH with theatre seating and second A/C

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am gonna answer my own thread.

I finally snagged my electricity proficient neighbor to help my non-electric minded self out.

We figured out that that the two wires from the fan were: Black (ground), red (power). We then attached these to the incoming DC power (see picture below).

Hope it helps someone out down the road.

Fridge: 4 door Norcold model 1210T
    Fan: Norcold 4 door "Frost Guard" Evaporator Fan. Item FG23-26.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0994.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	26932
    U.S. Army Retired

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been thinking about the same 4 door fan. How has it worked for you? Would you buy it again?
    2020 311bhs
    2008 Chevy 3500HD DRW
    US Navy Submarines
    Diver

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
    We have been thinking about the same 4 door fan. How has it worked for you? Would you buy it again?
    We have only been able to go out on one trip and that was a couple weeks ago to Hilton Head Island. Everyday was a smoker and the fridge slide was exposed to sun most of the day. The fridge held it's temp below 40 and definitely held temp better than the fridge in our previous travel trailer.

I did not think the internal fan would be enough so I also installed two external fans and those were on the entire time. These were the titan 12V DC 90 mm cooling fans: https://www.titan-cd.com/en/product/...KW-Series.html

We noticed the door is a bit loose and that is next on my list of things to do.

Hope this helps and let me know if any other questions.

Bill
    U.S. Army Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a pic of the inside fans after install?
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideblue51 View Post
    Do you have a pic of the inside fans after install?
    Sorry for late reply.

I did not take any pictures and can take a few as soon as the shop is done installing some vent fan covers.

I do believe there are some pictures floating around here on some other posts if needed.

Bill
    U.S. Army Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dobber197 View Post
    I am gonna answer my own thread.

I finally snagged my electricity proficient neighbor to help my non-electric minded self out.

We figured out that that the two wires from the fan were: Black (ground), red (power). We then attached these to the incoming DC power (see picture below).

Hope it helps someone out down the road.

Fridge: 4 door Norcold model 1210T
    Fan: Norcold 4 door "Frost Guard" Evaporator Fan. Item FG23-26.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0994.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	26932
    I don’t see that you used any type of fuse on the wiring to the fan controller. Not necessary? I don’t want to blow up a control board when I install mine. (I don’t see anywhere where the controllers are sold separately if you ever needed a replacement because of a developed short somewhere, etc.) Has anyone had any issues with the controller durability? Doesn’t seem very robust.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    I don’t see that you used any type of fuse on the wiring to the fan controller. Not necessary? I don’t want to blow up a control board when I install mine. (I don’t see anywhere where the controllers are sold separately if you ever needed a replacement because of a developed short somewhere, etc.) Has anyone had any issues with the controller durability? Doesn’t seem very robust.
    Good question that I am unable to answer. They did not recommend it in the install instructions and I have not seen/read about anyone placing a fuse as you stated.
    U.S. Army Retired

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dobber197 View Post
    Good question that I am unable to answer. They did not recommend it in the install instructions and I have not seen/read about anyone placing a fuse as you stated.
    I installed two sets of Titan fans. Added in-line fuse holders and 3A fuses just to be on the safe side. Both sets are on the upper vent cover pulling airflow up and out. Has made huge difference, even in triple digit heat. Prior to Titan install, fridge compartment was hard to keep under 42 or 43 degrees. Lots of times struggling to stay under 50-52. Freezer hovered right about 21 to 23. With the added airflow, fridge holds low 30s easily and coldest parts of freezer are in single digits with warmest part (upper right) sitting at mid-teens. Super happy with this install.

I have no idea why Norcold doesn’t use a lower temp limit switch for the on-board fans - but they don’t and I did not want to modify that circuit and void any warranty. On hottest days (111 heat index) last week, all fans -on-board and Titans we’re running from about 1pm to 11 pm or so. But Titans are on virtually all the time right now and that has made the difference!
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    I installed two sets of Titan fans. Added in-line fuse holders and 3A fuses just to be on the safe side. Both sets are on the upper vent cover pulling airflow up and out. Has made huge difference, even in triple digit heat. Prior to Titan install, fridge compartment was hard to keep under 42 or 43 degrees. Lots of times struggling to stay under 50-52. Freezer hovered right about 21 to 23. With the added airflow, fridge holds low 30s easily and coldest parts of freezer are in single digits with warmest part (upper right) sitting at mid-teens. Super happy with this install.

I have no idea why Norcold doesn’t use a lower temp limit switch for the on-board fans - but they don’t and I did not want to modify that circuit and void any warranty. On hottest days (111 heat index) last week, all fans -on-board and Titans we’re running from about 1pm to 11 pm or so. But Titans are on virtually all the time right now and that has made the difference!
    Thank you for the information on how you installed. I have not regretted installing the titan fans and agree that they make a big difference.

I have an electrically minded neighbor I can get to help me do the same.

Take it easy!
    U.S. Army Retired