User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brand new fridge won't stay cold???Help!!

we bought our imagine 22 brand new and the freezer works great but the fridge stays right at 60 or a little over. It is on the slide...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think the slide has anything to do with it, mine is in the slide and stays between 28 - 33. You might want to check the door seals to ensure it is properly sealing, it also doesnt hurt to pull the covers on the outside of the slide and make sure there isnt a buildup of dust and debris back there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what covers??

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by major12u View Post
    what covers??
    They should look like black plastic vents on the outside of the slide where the fridge is located. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200601-041033_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	26873

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by major12u View Post
    we bought our imagine 22 brand new and the freezer works great but the fridge stays right at 60 or a little over. It is on the slide...
    If you do a search here, you will find many threads that might help you solve the problem. A lighter Imagine with fridge in the slide-it’s probably a Dometic model. Another initial thing to look for, is the drain tube clear and draining. It starts in the bottom of a white tray at the back of the fridge (you might be tempted to stack small items there, but don’t, as you will block the drain). Behind the lower outside vent cover, that tube continues into a larger, black corrugated drain that should stick out the bottom vent about 1/2 to 1”. If this is crimped or blocked, your refrigerator won’t work correctly. On hot days with frequent opening of the door, you should see some condensation dripping out.

Inside again, there is a thermistor clipped to one of the metal fins. It slides on and off easily, and sometimes just moving it a small bit makes a big difference. Keep making adjustments until you find the location “sweet spot”-cold, but not freezing the veggies.

Also, some people have added a small, battery operated fan inside the fridge to circulate the air and help reduce the condensation. This is helpful especially if the fridge is fully packed and/or the weather is hot and humid. It’s a process, but if you read through the refrigerator threads and make small changes, you’ll get it working.

Edit: Just looked on GD site for 22mle, and specs indicate a “double door” fridge. Best guess is (as stated above in post #2 ) make sure your doors are closing and sealing properly. From reading here, the door with the flap has to be closed first, then the opposite door. Some have had to adjust the alignment of their doors. Again, explained in threads here if you search. N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 06-01-2020 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Oops
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L