User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure which type you are talking about. If it is the type that fits on the end of the sewer hose and then connects to the fixed sewer pipe exit on the RV itself and has a water hose fitting so that you connect the water hose and "back flush" up the sewer pipe to attempt to flush out the tank, then I'm not too impressed with it. Others may have a different opinion, but I do not feel that it actually get much clean out up the sewer pipe and anywhere near the tank. Especially if you have any bends/elbows before it reached that tank. It may help flush the sewer pipe itself, but again that would depend upon the elbows in the pipe.

Does your unit have the black tank flush on the control center? It would be a black cap fitting next to the white hose fitting for your city water hose connection. That is a much better way to flush the system.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Not sure which type you are talking about. If it is the type that fits on the end of the sewer hose and then connects to the fixed sewer pipe exit on the RV itself and has a water hose fitting so that you connect the water hose and "back flush" up the sewer pipe to attempt to flush out the tank, then I'm not too impressed with it. Others may have a different opinion, but I do not feel that it actually get much clean out up the sewer pipe and anywhere near the tank. Especially if you have any bends/elbows before it reached that tank. It may help flush the sewer pipe itself, but again that would depend upon the elbows in the pipe.

Does your unit have the black tank flush on the control center? It would be a black cap fitting next to the white hose fitting for your city water hose connection. That is a much better way to flush the system.
    I am not sure about the flush but it does have a black cap connection. I will have to check next week when we pick up our TT. We left it at the dealer to fix a few minor repairs. Also, sorry for taking so long to get back to read the replies to my post but I am building a wall and an area to back the trailer onto and in the heat and my age it's kicking my butt.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the Black Tank Flush (which I believe you do) then you have a good system for taking care of your black tank. First you can fill your tank with water before you head out. You want to keep water in the black tank at all times. I prefer at least a half tank. If you don't have water in the tank solids will collect on the bottom of the tank and become difficult to clean out. When I dump the black tank I also connect a water hose to the black tank flush fitting. This will aid in flushing the tank while you are dumping the tank. You can also repeat this process several times every now an then to assure keeping a clean tank.

It will also help if you post in your signature what make and the model number for the Grand Design that you have. NOT just the number ,but PLEASE the name of the model also. Example: Many, many people here on this forum will put something like "my 376TH" and expect everyone to know exactly what they are talking about. If you pul "Momentum 376TH" then everyone know exactly what you are talking about. Even better if you add the model year. I spend so much time going to the Grand Design web-site to research a number to fine out what kind of trailer they have. Another thing, if you have a Reflection it also helps it you say it is a TT or 5th-Wheel. You will find that you will be getting more help from others if you do this. Also you will get less useless help from those that are confused about what you actually have.

Sorry for my rant, it is not address at you.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad rant as rants go, but I did go double check my sig block....
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL............Dallas, we know what you have without even looking. You've been around too long.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It happens. I think dealers pull the plug to show how it works on an empty system and then leave it out. It's happened to me on two new trailers in ten years. Open I tnn nn up to hook th ebb hose and out she it flows. Think I would have learned, but apparently not everyone has a sewer experience. Well om to the club!
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be thankful it was the grey tank
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the Black Tank Flush (which I believe you do) then you have a good system for taking care of your black tank. First you can fill your tank with water before you head out. You want to keep water in the black tank at all times. I prefer at least a half tank. If you don't have water in the tank solids will collect on the bottom of the tank and become difficult to clean out. When I dump the black tank I also connect a water hose to the black tank flush fitting. This will aid in flushing the tank while you are dumping the tank. You can also repeat this process several times every now an then to assure keeping a clean tank.

It will also help if you post in your signature what make and the model number for the Grand Design that you have. NOT just the number ,but PLEASE the name of the model also. Example: Many, many people here on this forum will put something like "my 376TH" and expect everyone to know exactly what they are talking about. If you pul "Momentum 376TH" then everyone know exactly what you are talking about. Even better if you add the model year. I spend so much time going to the Grand Design web-site to research a number to fine out what kind of trailer they have. Another thing, if you have a Reflection it also helps it you say it is a TT or 5th-Wheel. You will find that you will be getting more help from others if you do this. Also you will get less useless help from those that are confused about what you actually have.

Thanks for the input, I'm going to update my signature right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It happens, but your story is priceless and no matter what happened, you handled it like a pro. We all make mistakes, and many different ones, but we all learn from them and move on. Get the twist valve, its a great investment and inexpensive. Well worth it and I would not be caught without it (: Stay Safe!
    Todd & Helona and Chloe the dog (-:
    2019 Ford F450 4x4 DRW Custom
    2020 Grand Design 381M
    US ARMY Combat Vet (101st Airborne!)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one that made this mistake.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast