Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Slide Awning

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Awning

was Wondering if a slide awning on the slide with my frig would help at all with the frig not having to work so hard. Any other benefits to slide awnings?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toppers keep the slide top drier, leaves and debris doesn’t accumulate and no need to go on top to clean off before departing. I installed 2 on my unit this weekend. Took a little less than 3 hours with the help of a buddy. I did for 1/2 the price that the dealer wanted and I know it’s been done correctly.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0928.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	26879

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    was Wondering if a slide awning on the slide with my frig would help at all with the frig not having to work so hard. Any other benefits to slide awnings?
    What @TNFisher said, plus slide toppers reduce noise during heavy rains. Those are for sure.

I haven't seen anyone report based on testing that slide toppers reduce temperature inside the slide. If I was forced to bet on it I'd bet that they do make a modest difference by keeping direct sunshine off the top of the slide, but the other reasons are almost certainly more-compelling reasons for installing them.

Good luck with your choice.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch