User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside Grill Help Needed

Hi all! I'm the guy who just got a 2018 Reflection 337RLS. I have an quick connect to my propane line (about 1/2" female) on the RV. I need some idea's of what kind of grill to get. When at the camping store the other day I was about to get a Coleman grill but when I saw the propane inlet it was designed for a small propane bottle. I asked what hoses/connector I needed for connection to the grill I was told the Coleman grills won't work with my RV's propane. I need a special type of grill but can't remember the name or type. Do want to get a grill soon. Any help available would be appreciated. Looking forward to meeting you all on the road!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Weber Q grill. Once I removed the regulator it worked great. There are tons of videos online showing what is needed to hook directly to the RV propane quick connect.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
    Hi all! I'm the guy who just got a 2018 Reflection 337RLS. I have an quick connect to my propane line (about 1/2" female) on the RV. I need some idea's of what kind of grill to get. When at the camping store the other day I was about to get a Coleman grill but when I saw the propane inlet it was designed for a small propane bottle. I asked what hoses/connector I needed for connection to the grill I was told the Coleman grills won't work with my RV's propane. I need a special type of grill but can't remember the name or type. Do want to get a grill soon. Any help available would be appreciated. Looking forward to meeting you all on the road!
    Here's a YouTube video showing how to convert a specific Weber grill using a specific conversion kit. However even though the specifics may not be the same as yours, the video will show you what needs to be done and get you well on your way. You're basically removing the pressure regulator on your new grill because the propane line on your trailer that you want to plug your grill into is already regulated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjCeW5s7wvk

We bought our conversion kit (not the one in the video) at General RV a few years ago for about $70; kits like it are sold in many decent RV supply stores.

I think our grill actually *is* the one in the video, but that again isn't important. The grill you liked has a regulator, it needs to come off (examine that carefully before you buy to ensure that you can remove it), and then you need to install a fitting from your conversion kit and plug in both ends of the propane hose that came with your kit. Usually easy peasy.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-01-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://propanegear.com/ has all the necessary connections to make a Coleman work with your already regulated propane quick connect.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to suggest the CampChef 2 or 3 burner models. You can use the burners as is but they also have griddle, grill box, and pizza oven accessories. Get the right adapter hose and your good to go.

There are only a few grill models that use high pressure propane. Most use low pressure and have a regulator. Since your travel trailer is already regulated to low pressure you need to remove the grills regulator and get the right adapter hose.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    I'm going to suggest the CampChef 2 or 3 burner models. You can use the burners as is but they also have griddle, grill box, and pizza oven accessories. Get the right adapter hose and your good to go.

There are only a few grill models that use high pressure propane. Most use low pressure and have a regulator. Since your travel trailer is already regulated to low pressure you need to remove the grills regulator and get the right adapter hose.
    This is exactly what I did! I like know having to carry around a propane tank to cook with.

It seems pointless but I still carry a full spare propane tank.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. Sounds like I now know what I have to do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
    I modded my 29RS so I could hook up propane cooking appliances outside. I removed a plug from the propane manifold on the rear passenger side of the rig. I had a hose made - on one end a fitting that matched the plug. Then ran the hose up to the basement and put a female quick connect on that end. You can always find the parts to connect an appliance to a quick connect. I have a litlle grill from Home Depot and a Blackstone 22" griddle. Two different connections - two different fitting solutions, but now the QC connectes to both. The key is to remove the pressure regulator from the appliance. Your propane line is already low pressure.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch