Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What generator to buy for an Imagine 3000QB

Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    3400 champion. It easily runs one of the ac units and everything else. Am notm100 percent surenitnwill run both units at once. Buy from home depot and test. If wontnrun both where you are taken it back and move up then the larger unit. I can lift the 3400 by myself that was a big issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    3400 champion. It easily runs one of the ac units and everything else. Am notm100 percent surenitnwill run both units at once. Buy from home depot and test. If wontnrun both where you are taken it back and move up then the larger unit. I can lift the 3400 by myself that was a big issue.
    The 3400/3500 champion simply will not fun two ac’s at the same time, even if a micro-air easy start is installed on both. Two ac’s running at the same time will require approximately 31.2running amps. The champion 3400 rates at approximately 26 running amps on gasoline, at sea level. So you would need to find a generator that can provide at least 31 amps at whatever elevation you want to run the two ac’s.

2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Anderson ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Champion dual fuel 3500 generator
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    Dinosaur electronics ignitor board
    Micro-air easy start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the Cummins P4500i. Plenty of power, remote start, digital fuel gauge, remaining run time, and a pull handle with wheels.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What generator to buy for an Imagine 3000QB

Quote Originally Posted by steelerider View Post
    Check out the Cummins P4500i. Plenty of power, remote start, digital fuel gauge, remaining run time, and a pull handle with wheels.
    I’m intrigued by that unit also. It’s rated at 30.8 amps so it may still have trouble running two AC’s if they are indeed pulling 31 running amps but I would sure like to try.

2016 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Anderson ultimate
    2020 GD 31MB
    Champion dual fuel 3500 generator
    Steadyfast stabilizers
    Dinosaur electronics ignitor board
    Micro-air easy start
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw an onan 3500 w generator. Not sure it's a inverter for trailer, weight is like a 3400 champion, about the same price and weight. Another one to consider.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a WEN 3800w... starts nicely, usually on the first try! Supposedly, it will run my A/C and have a little left, while being relatively quiet. I’ve also got a 7800w Storm Responder, which sat for over a year, and started on the second pull. It is much louder... and weighs a little more. I’ll let you know after next week, when we try the WEN out!
    John Wood and Pat Shackelford
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    2016 F250 KR FX4
    Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2 Australian Shepherds and looking forward to retirement...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a Westinghouse Igen 4500df
    Propane or gas, remote start , pull or push button, quiet as a Honda at 52 db.
    Easily powers 15000 air conditioner
    Runs 18 hrs at Econ mode on one tank of gas- 3.4 gallons
    Great digital display
    $1000

I beleive same as the Cummins
    Last edited by RV Sailor; 12-27-2020 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Afdd
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another vote here for the Champion 3400W generator. I Purchased mine gently used FOR $300. Added a digital hr meter/RPM gage so I could track run time between oil changes. I am running Amsoil oil in it and it has been flawless. It starts first pull (when I remember to turn it to "ON" first) and will run my 13K AC (with soft start installed) in eco mode and barely rev up. I have tried it once with the microwave an AC at the same time in normal mode and it stumbled for about 2 seconds (the overload light didn't even flicker) and then smoothed back out and ran for the entire 6 minutes while I cooked a baked potato with no issues at all. In ECO mode, it is pretty darn quiet. But if you take it out of EC mode and really put a load on it, it does get considerably loader....but highly recommend this unit. I know it doesn't say HONDA on the outside, but I expect this unit ot outlast me as long as I properly maintain it....The only thing I wish this generator had was remote start. But for now, I will live with manual start since it is so easy to start.
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12