Thread: 398M with 3 ACs

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

398M with 3 ACs

I have this on order.
    JUst how does this setup work?
    IOW, is it possible to make on end of the coach cooler that the other?
    Same question on the heat.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each AC will have it's own thermostat, being a unit on order, your ACs are probably also or only controlled by the OneControl LCD panel (download the OneControl app by LCI so you can use your phone to control various things). You can have one area cooler than others. At night we keep the bedroom much cooler than the other spaces, we open the direct air dumps in the room and it really helps.

I'm not sure if GD is still supplying energy management systems to shed loads if too much power is being drawn, this typically came with the 3rd AC, its really only needed when running off the generator or 30A power. 2 of your ACs will be on one hot leg of power, the 3rd will be on the second leg of power.

Heat is different, if you got a heat pump, it is in the main AC unit, it's only effective if there is a slight chill. The propane furnace will provide heat everywhere there is ducting including the underbelly. We supplement our heat with the fireplace and electric heaters when more than chilly, but monitor temperature for a freeze and will run the furnace if necessary.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post

I'm not sure if GD is still supplying energy management systems to shed loads if too much power is being drawn, this typically came with the 3rd AC, its really only needed when running off the generator or 30A power. 2 of your ACs will be on one hot leg of power, the 3rd will be on the second leg of power.

From what I have seen on 2019+ units the energy management system panel that was in the bedroom is no longer there. So I am guessing they just removed the panel or the whole system. It may be integrated with the LCI onecontrol now. Not sure
    2018 Ram CC,LB DRW Longhorn 6.7, AISIN, 4.10s

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akfiredog377 View Post
    From what I have seen on 2019+ units the energy management system panel that was in the bedroom is no longer there. So I am guessing they just removed the panel or the whole system. It may be integrated with the LCI onecontrol now. Not sure
    Yeah, I dont know what they're doing now, i have One Control and an EMS panel. Maybe they decided it wasnt necessary? Either way, 3 ACs is great to have during the summer.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no EMS in our unit. It appears everything is managed through the OneControl. I've only been on 50 amps, so I haven't been able to play with load shedding. One interesting option you had with the EMS was when you were on 30, 20, 15 amp, you could select the the correct amperage for the appropriate load shedding. Not sure how that works with it integrated with OneControl.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M