User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member to the forum and soon to be owner of GD Travel Trailer

Hello everyone! my name is Jose from California City CA. I just joined the group in hopes to learn as much as I can about the Grand Design products, specially the 312 BHTS. My family and I been renting Rv's from RVShare for the past three years and now we are ready to purchase. However, shopping for our first RV has been bittersweet to say the least. Actually the past two weeks have been frustrating. I keep reading stories about folks getting new 312BHTS trailers for almost 30% off of MSRP but not here in CA!! Here in CA dealers that do carry GD RV's are not willing to negotiate much. So far, the best offer I've received on a 2020 Reflection 312 was $42,999 before TTR. There is a dealer advertising one with an MSRP of over $60K. The past two weeks have been a little frustrating to say the least in dealing with local dealers. Or maybe expecting to get a 312 trailer for 30% off of MSRP out here is an unrealistic goal...... But for now, in light of our inability to find the trailer at the price we want, we have decided to wait until the end of summer to start looking again. Hopefully sooner rather than later I'll be posting about our new rig.
    Thank you!
    God Bless!!
    Jose

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Sometimes you need to look beyond the local area. Call a dealer as far as you are willing to drive. Try and use that quote as leverage with your local dealer, if it doesnt work, drive to get it. We drove about 1000 miles to get ours, it was worth the savings. There is no real benefit of using a local dealer, some say that's the only way you can get warranty work done, but that hasn't been the case for us the one time we had to bring ours in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with the above response- shop as far as you're willing to tow it back, which can double as your shakedown camping trip! The RV business is seeing a peak demand with diminishing inventory in general, but there are deals to be made still outside of the busiest markets. Good luck with your hunt!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Agree with the above response- shop as far as you're willing to tow it back, which can double as your shakedown camping trip! The RV business is seeing a peak demand with diminishing inventory in general, but there are deals to be made still outside of the busiest markets. Good luck with your hunt!
    X3, we originally thought we had gotten a good deal until an add on Facebook pop up from a dealer 5 hours away. We had only put down a deposit and were waiting for delivery cause of Covid. We were willing to drive 5hrs and do our shakedown at the same time. Called the original dealer to match the price. They came close enough for us to stay with them.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your Hunt
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Continue your search. You will find the model you want at the price you want. Good luck.
    Dennis, Pat, Prince and the Lady - Western New York
    2018 Solitude 310GK- 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your suggestions and encouragement! My search continues but I’m not too worry. Worst case scenario, the Pomona CA RV show will be held this October, so I’m confident that I’ll find what I’m looking for there. Happy camping everyone!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that purchasing an RV seems to be a challenge to the spirit. One moment you are excited, the next you are disappointed. That has been my experience! Hang in there and find the best deal and unit that fits your need. I'm going through a less than ideal experience msyelf, but light is at the end of the road.... hopefully!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you microm3gas! Yes ideally I would have loved to have the trailer already and go camping this summer but the reality is that this is probably the worst time of the year to be buying TV’s anyway. And then add the Coronavirus into the mix and you get a thousands of people that are sick and tired to be home and they see RV’s as a way to go out while staying away from people. Then as you know manufacturers has to close factories. No wonder why dealers are seeing their inventories at record lows. I’ll keep looking and visiting RV shows until I find what I’m looking for!!! RV’s are selling like toilet paper was selling back in March-April😜