User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Maintenance Question

Hi All,

I have seen a lot of information posted about having to lubricate the slide on a travel trailer. I just reviewed the info in the owner's manual for our Transcend. It says something along the lines of The Lippert slide system is intended to be almost maintenance free. Grease or lubrication is NOT necessary and could even harm the long-term dependability of the slideout system. The only maintenance required is to actuate the room once or twice a month.

What has your experience with your Transcend slide been? Have you opted to do some lubrication or, like the owner's manual says, just move it once or twicer per month?

Thanks.
    2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
    2010 Ram 2500
    Blog About Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a dry lube something like this on the rails underneath.

If you are talking about the Schwintek system, they want you to use CRC Power Lube with PTFE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 21225_1.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would defer to @huntr70 as he is in the business, it is my understanding that pretty much any dry lube with PTFE is what you want. There are lots of videos regarding maintenance of a Schwintek slide. Lubing from the outside is easy once you know where to lube. The inside is a bit tougher as the lube points are often inaccessible due to a fridge or wall.
    The key is to keep the rack clean. With the slide out and before you bring it in, make sure the top and bottom racks are clean. A brush is best it get dust, dirt or insects off the rack. If you lube the rack it will become a grit magnet, so resist that temptation.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.