Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question about my new to me toy hauler

just got our 2016 momentum m328m toy hauler,It has a rear camera that looks to be from the factory and seems to be not a wireless but hard wired.There is no monitor that came with the rig and am wondering how i find out how to hook this up,Thanks , will post a pic
    Last edited by in the wind; 06-02-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forum! I can't help you with that but hopefully someone should be able to.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by in the wind View Post
    just got our 2016 momentum m328m toy hauler,It has a rear camera that looks to be from the factory and seems to be not a wireless but hard wired.There is no monitor that came with the rig and am wondering how i find out how to hook this up,Thanks , will post a pic
    Welcome to the forums. Can you post a picture of the camera and any information (brand, model number, etc.) that you can find? If it is not wireless, you will have an extra cable and connector on the king pin near the standard 7 pin RV connector. Can you take a picture of the connector and post it?

This is a (very poor) picture of the trailer side connector for my Ford wired camera & TPMS system. One distinctive feature is the round disk on the side of the connector (use to capture it in the socket).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera & TPMS connector.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	26917

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ill bet it is just the factory installed Furrion mount and no camera is installed in it. There are numerous posts here and at GD on camera systems to fit that mount.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never thought of that,saw the mount and thought there was a camera,will check on wed,Thanks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will do,Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    never thought of that,saw the mount and thought there was a camera,will check on wed,Thanks
    Just a quick note. GD wired these in several ways. Hopefully it is power on when TV headlights/trailer lights are on. If not just pull power from one of the clearance lights. You do not want power on all the time as some have found.

Good luck

PS - the screws on the cover face plate are small. Be sure to you us a magnetic tip screw driver so you don't loose them. Don't ask how I learned this. There should be information on this in your owners package too.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do ya post a pic,choose from computer and wont download

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do ya post a pic,choose from computer and wont download
    The search function is your friend. Try it (fill in text in box in upper right corner of every page (right above the "advanced search") and hit the magnifying glass). I used "how to post a picture" and came up with multiple hits. This post explains it very nicely.

You may need to be a "site sponsor" (pay the $12/year) to post pictures. That is the best and cheapest money you will ever spend on camping. Seriously.
    On second thought, as a "new member" I think you have all the rights and privileges of a paid member (for 90? days).

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast