User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got the call to pick up our 22mle [emoji41]

After close 2 month of waiting because of Covid, we will be picking up our very first RV. Been spending all this time researching and asking you all a bunch of questions in preparation for this big day for us. Oh, and spending a lot of money on items I've never thought about. Lol Thanks again for all of your help.
    Now I'm stressed. Lol, tire pressure, cargo weight, brakes, tongue weight, my dear copilot, rpm etc... oh my! Im laughing but in all honesty, I haven't been this stressed in a long time. Lol
    Our first stop on our way home is a cat scale for multiple measurements and then tackle our windy, hilly road home. My knuckles are already white but with all of your good advice I now feel a little more comfortable and with time be able to contribute to this forum.
    Stay tune for more.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Camper's are for de-stressing lol, relax you will do great.
    2020 IMAGINE XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't bother with the CAT scales, go straight to your favorite truck dealer and trade for a F550 or F650 with the super heavy duty tow/payload package. Those 1/2 ton trucks just aren't made for towing.

Just kidding...… One issue you might encounter, as I did, is that my dealer set up my WD hitch very well, for the empty camper, and the trip home was fine. The first camping trip out fully loaded wasn't so good, headlights pointing at the tree tops. I made several adjustments to the hitch and finally got it dialed in.
    Plan on a second trip to the scales after you are completely loaded up to go camping and be prepared to tweak on your WD to dial it back in (washers/chain links...) Read through the paperwork that came with the hitch or go online to their website to learn the steps for your model.
    Enjoy the new camper
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck! You’ll get the hang of it quickly. Since it’s your 1st RV just a little reminder to give yourself enough room at turns.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    After close 2 month of waiting because of Covid, we will be picking up our very first RV. Been spending all this time researching and asking you all a bunch of questions in preparation for this big day for us. Oh, and spending a lot of money on items I've never thought about. Lol Thanks again for all of your help.
    Now I'm stressed. Lol, tire pressure, cargo weight, brakes, tongue weight, my dear copilot, rpm etc... oh my! Im laughing but in all honesty, I haven't been this stressed in a long time. Lol
    Our first stop on our way home is a cat scale for multiple measurements and then tackle our windy, hilly road home. My knuckles are already white but with all of your good advice I now feel a little more comfortable and with time be able to contribute to this forum.
    Stay tune for more.

Nah, no worries, you will do fine. Just take your time and do not worry about what anyone else thinks. If you need help ask a fellow camper, 95% of the people I have run into are always willing to help and give advice. I have stopped and helped new people back their rig into spots before. My guess is you have already researched all those weights to death, concentrate on learning how the truck and trailer pulls together. You will be fine, take your time, no reason to get in a hurry or stressed with an RV.
    Last edited by FreddieMac; 06-03-2020 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again you all. Got home last night with our new travelling companion.
    my little 2.7EB really impressed me power wise in the hills. We did get pushed around a little as it was really windy and the ride was a little bouncy so I think the WDH needs a little tweaking but I'll wait till our first trip when we'll be loaded.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So excited for you!!! We're expecting to pick ours up next week. I completely feel you on the nervous rush about towing. It will be our first time too. Not sure what your plans are this weekend, but ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer on my first wdh purposely adjusted it anticipating me putting like 1200 lbs in the rv. Once I got some stuff in it, it pull better.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morgey1 View Post
    So excited for you!!! We're expecting to pick ours up next week. I completely feel you on the nervous rush about towing. It will be our first time too. Not sure what your plans are this weekend, but ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!
    Setting up and finding a home for the hundreds of Amazon boxes that were delivered of the last 2 months. Lol

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    My dealer on my first wdh purposely adjusted it anticipating me putting like 1200 lbs in the rv. Once I got some stuff in it, it pull better.
    Good point. I'll wait and see. Depending on if things open up because of the virus, our shakedown trip is planned for 2 weeks from now. I plan on loaded her up, water and all and head back to the cat scale. This trip is also within an hour of the dealer just in case. I might swing by and have them tweak it if need be.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast