User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretzer View Post
    Betcha that F450 will be a beautiful thing. Your message is really making me consider the auh. With it I am pretty sure will be nicely below the ccc. With just a little turning impact. I I think it really is about the dimensions of your specific rig and tv that allows you to understand how well the auh will work. Now they have this higher one that helps with bed rail clearance so more choice.....
    And questions.

I have to say the gd forums are aWealth of information and really helpful in selecting all this stuff
    I have concerns about the bed height of the F450 and called Andersen about the new AUH. The low ball setting on the new hitch is the same height as the top setting on the original hitch. I will wait and see how the old AUH works before spending a $1000 for the new one.
    Good Luck
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I have a 2020 Solitude 310GK-R and a 2020 F-350 with the diesel. The truck tows the 310GK-R effortlessly and the Platinum trim does it in comfort. I did have MORryde IS suspension and disc brakes added. That, along with my airbag hitch, makes for a very smooth towing experience. I feel very safe towing with this setup.

We have a washer/dryer combo and no generator so our rig weighs less than the one you're getting. Your pin weight will be very close to your truck's payload rating. I have the Tremor trim and my truck drops 3" when loaded. The airbags will help with the sagging but won't change your payload rating.

We came from a Solitude 373FB-R and a DRW F-350. We liked the extra half bath in the 373 but the shorter length of the 310GK is easier to fit into RV spots and the SRW Tremor is also easier to drive around town. Overall, we love the combo and wouldn't change anything.
    Are you over your capacity for the truck? I'm looking at an F350 but it only has a 3200# capacity to tow a 320mks.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Are you over your capacity for the truck? I'm looking at an F350 but it only has a 3200# capacity to tow a 320mks.
    We are right at the limits. I have a 2022 F-450 on order :-)

3,200lbs of payload seems low for an F-350.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    We are right at the limits. I have a 2022 F-450 on order :-)

3,200lbs of payload seems low for an F-350.
    I know, I had the truck half way bought until they sent me the yellow sticker. It wouldn't be enough for my reflection and out stuff. It was a CC long bed Lariat with all the options, so it was heavily loaded.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RVonRoad, in my opinion, @boyscout really summed things well in his first post. I get it, a dually simply does not work for everyone. That said, if it can work for you, it tows better; period. The point I really want to make, if you are open to a dually; look at the 450. Test drive the 450 and 350 and check out the difference in turning radius. This alone is likely to convince you.

My 350 is a GREAT truck, pulls my heavy rig with ease. Unfortunately for me; I drove a friend's 450 after I bought mine and learned about the turning radius delta after the fact. It isn't enough to drive me to trade, but I wish I knew before I bought.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes a DRW does work but that individual is not wanting it for whatever personal reason. Six tires will always handle more weight better than four. The addition of stability in the rear while towing is another advantage.

I used to tell my customers, “we only know as good as we have experienced”. Then they would test out a new suspension that I had on my ride. They would come back saying I want that too. Those that didn’t buy (maybe 5%) after the ride would utter something about ignorance is bliss.

I was offered several times to go test drive the F450 and I turned it all down. Just sitting in the seats was a BiG difference than my 2006. I do have a 2022 on order and wait to experience it when I drive it home. That will likely be the Christmas of 2025 when they come available.

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    @RVonRoad, in my opinion, @boyscout really summed things well in his first post. I get it, a dually simply does not work for everyone. That said, if it can work for you, it tows better; period. The point I really want to make, if you are open to a dually; look at the 450. Test drive the 450 and 350 and check out the difference in turning radius. This alone is likely to convince you.

My 350 is a GREAT truck, pulls my heavy rig with ease. Unfortunately for me; I drove a friend's 450 after I bought mine and learned about the turning radius delta after the fact. It isn't enough to drive me to trade, but I wish I knew before I bought.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234