User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post 310GK w/ 2020 Ford F350 Diesel SRW Platinum Pkg -short bed

Hi everyone! Excited to join this group!

I was wondering if anyone has this setup and if you have had any problems towing the 310 with this setup? We are getting the dual pane windows, generator, and washer/dryer unit which I know adds to the payload. We are wondering if the payload is too much for this truck? Talking about adding airbags on the truck to help. If I watch the weight that we add my calculations show we should be ok. We want to be able to use the truck in state parks and areas that may be hard to get around with a bigger truck.

If you have this setup have you felt safe towing?

Has anyone upgraded to the heavier axle on the 310GK? Does it give you bigger disc brakes?

Appreciate any advise!

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trailer GVWR is 15,000 lbs, which if fully loaded to that weight...or close to it will put approx. 3000 lbs of pin weight on your truck. Adding the hitch and anything else you may add to the truck will increase that weight on the truck even more....toolbox with tools in the bed, passengers, etc. So you main number you want to look at is the payload capacity of the truck. This will be on the driver side door post and it is a white sticker with yellow highlighting...upper right hand area of the sticker. If you truck is a 2020, 1 Ton, you may be close to 4000 lbs of payload, but that is the first thing you want to check out. In almost every instance, you will run out of payload capacity before you run out of towing capacity. Let us know what the sticker says for payload..or post a pic of the sticker and we will be able to help you further. I can't help on the axle info...sorry!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! We have not ordered the truck yet so I do not have that information unfortunately. Went by our local dealer today and they do not have one in stock for me to look at .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

I have a 2020 Solitude 310GK-R and a 2020 F-350 with the diesel. The truck tows the 310GK-R effortlessly and the Platinum trim does it in comfort. I did have MORryde IS suspension and disc brakes added. That, along with my airbag hitch, makes for a very smooth towing experience. I feel very safe towing with this setup.

We have a washer/dryer combo and no generator so our rig weighs less than the one you're getting. Your pin weight will be very close to your truck's payload rating. I have the Tremor trim and my truck drops 3" when loaded. The airbags will help with the sagging but won't change your payload rating.

We came from a Solitude 373FB-R and a DRW F-350. We liked the extra half bath in the 373 but the shorter length of the 310GK is easier to fit into RV spots and the SRW Tremor is also easier to drive around town. Overall, we love the combo and wouldn't change anything.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like bertschb we're towing with an F-350, short bed, SRW. With our slider (Demco Hijacker) the last time we weighed all loaded up (empty grey and black and about 1/3 full of fresh water) we came in under 2800 lbs of pin weight at a CAT scale. We weighed without towing and then with the rig attached.

I was a bit surprised it didn't weigh more but it was what it was. My sticker says I can have 3392 lbs of occupants and cargo. I got the 11,500 GVWR package.

Would I feel better with a dually sure - but that thing is hugh! Would I like a long bed - maybe, but that this is pretty long and, for me, there is no advantage over a short bed.

I have a washer/dryer combo, air bags on the truck, put disc brakes and a MorRyde SRE4000 suspension on the 5ver.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    ... Would I like a long bed - maybe, but that this is pretty long and, for me, there is no advantage over a short bed.
    For the 2020 Ford the long bed gives you roughly 700# more payload (GVWR is up 900#, 12,400 vs 11,500 and the long bed is about 200# heavier). And the factory 48 gallon fuel tank. Just had to say

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My truck is older ('11) and a long bed, it's Lariat trim 4x4 with the 6.7. My 2020 310GK is similar, I dont have the washer & dryer but I do have the dishwasher so my pin weight is a smidge less than yours. I do have airbags on my truck, I haven't inflated them with this trailer. I keep 6-8 psi in them all the time. The truck squats maybe 2" and is quite a ways off the overload springs. It tows like a dream. On the trailer I have just the standard suspension & brakes. One day I'd love to get IS and disks but that's a ways off. A pile of lithium batteries and an inverter are coming first.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Brian and Kellie! This is super helpful! We talked about adding the airbags and doing the disc brake option. We also noticed the long bed has more payload capacity so we are now considering ordering the long bed so that there is more margin in the payload. From what I can figure out we are at the limit of the short bed. Do you have the short bed with a sliding hitch or the long bed?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Larry! It’s good to hear that you are successfully towing with the short bed! And that is great pin weight! Thank you for sharing that! Do you have the generator too? I REALLY don’t want the dually! Doesn’t make sense for us. We are not full time (yet!) and the short bed truck is much better for us.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, my husband noticed the larger fuel tank too...😏

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast