User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homemade camper to Transcend 187mk

I spent $200 in 2016 on a 1973 Kayot Forester 21 ft. I took it down to the bare frame and rebuilt it from the frame up. 5K invested. It was always a dry camper. I put, just shy of , 15000 miles on it.
    I found a great deal on the 187mk and finally picked it up today. By the time I towed it back to my brothers in Nashville I had my blood and sweat camper sold. So excited to have a shower and oven finally.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the excitement when we went from the tent to our first trailer with a shower so know how excited you must be.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new camper!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad bought a used trailer when I was a kid. I was a 15-foot single-axle Aloha, built in about 1960. Somewhere along the line, it had been stripped out and converted to a bookmobile (can’t imagine what that weighed). After he bought it, he stripped it down to the walls and rebuilt the whole thing himself. Being a cabinet-maker by trade, he had the skills to do that. We had a single propane light inside, along with a couple of 12v fixtures. He took a couple of hollow-core doors, cut and hinged them down the middle, and made bunk beds in the front and back. It had a small sink, with a hand-pump, a two-burner stove, and an ice box.

Pretty bare-bones, but it was so much better than sleeping on the ground in a tent (who needed a cot when the ground was right there?)

I have to say that we’ve come a long way in comfort and convenience.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I picked up the new trailer in Knoxville and have been slowly making my way home to Las Vegas. Zero issues with the trailer so far. So nice having all the amenities taken care of. I don’t feel like I’m camping anymore at this point.