Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 307MKS Tire Rub

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

307MKS Tire Rub

While doing a brake job on my Reflection 307, I noticed the front right tire had some weird gouging along the center of the tread (width center). I traced it to the bracket that the slide bolts into, sits right above that tire, and apparently while traveling, the suspension is flexing enough to cause it to make contact with the bottom of that bracket! Not good!! Has anyone ever had tire contact with a component that is fixed and in no way can be modified?? Maybe i was overloaded on one trip and it 'sagged' too much?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbuddy67 View Post
    While doing a brake job on my Reflection 307, I noticed the front right tire had some weird gouging along the center of the tread (width center). I traced it to the bracket that the slide bolts into, sits right above that tire, and apparently while traveling, the suspension is flexing enough to cause it to make contact with the bottom of that bracket! Not good!! Has anyone ever had tire contact with a component that is fixed and in no way can be modified?? Maybe i was overloaded on one trip and it 'sagged' too much?
    I have the 307MKS as well and have not had this issue. I'm curious if you figured out what caused this and what was the fix?
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only conclusion we could come up with, is that i may have been overloaded which obviously would sag the suspension, and then a big dip could have caused the rub. even still, i really don't like the design of the slide arm over the tire. i'm probably going to put taller leaf spring hangers on, for 2 reasons: the tire being so close, and, my 4WD Ram sits so high, that I want more bedrail clearance. I have a Softopper and the attachment rails lessen my clearance even further.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbuddy67 View Post
    the only conclusion we could come up with, is that i may have been overloaded which obviously would sag the suspension, and then a big dip could have caused the rub. even still, i really don't like the design of the slide arm over the tire. i'm probably going to put taller leaf spring hangers on, for 2 reasons: the tire being so close, and, my 4WD Ram sits so high, that I want more bedrail clearance. I have a Softopper and the attachment rails lessen my clearance even further.
    That's very interesting about the slide arm! I have not seen this on my trailer but am going to keep a closer eye on it now. We are coming up on our 4th year owning the trailer and (knock on wood) have not had any major problems. We really love the layout and I like the way it tows behind the truck. Stay safe and good luck with your leaf spring upgrade.
    Tim
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a 2018 307MKS, so your post is of interest. I too have a high riding truck, mine being a F-350 with the off-road package.

Did the spring hangers help with the clearance, both at the wheel and the truck bed?

Easy E