User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    Install took a total of 3 hours and it went pretty smooth. After seeing 40 ft lb on the shackle bolts in the instructions, I was a bit surprised at how tight the original shackle bolts were. I put all the new ones at 40 ft lb and clocked all grease holes as recommended.
    Glad I don’t do suspension work for a living.
    Yup its a little bit of a job but well worth it. Glad everything went well for your installation. Those HD shackles are about 3 times the thickness, on our Imagine the stock shackles showed signs of the holes starting to elongating only after a year and a half. Those plastic bushings do not last long at all.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WE-C-USA View Post
    Revisited the lube problem today. All bolts finally took grease. The problem was the zerks won't allow flow. Had to manually push on the ball to unstick. All's good now. And yes they are screw in zerks.
    Great glad you got it sorted out. Now that they have grease through them, they wont stick again. I liked the MorRyde stuff, seemed like good quality.
    Some time back an owner was greasing his suspension and had the zerks pull out of the bolt head and stick in the gun. The wet bolts were purchased from e-trailer. Some of the reviews of their wet bolt kits identified the same problem. The zerks were loosely pressed in.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First outing with new suspension parts installed ant camper rides smoother, glad I did the install.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My CRE 3000 came in today and still waiting on wet bolt kit, just wondering if anyone had cut a small groove in the bolts at the oil hole to help grease spread around the bolt?
    Thanks.
    I did not cut grooves in the wet bolts, but I did have one that would not take grease( I made sure all would take grease before installing, at the advice from others on this forum). I had to remove zerk and measure the depth of hole of good one and one that wouldn’t take grease. Guess what? The hole was 1/8 inch too shallow to reach the hole to the side. Careful drilling and meticulous cleaning and all was good. The other problem I encountered was the preinstalled bolts on the shackle plates were spread slightly too wide to get the separate shackle plate installed. I finally put an old nut off the old shackle bolt on each shackle bolt and put it in a vise to squeeze together enough to allow easy installation. Went from what some said was a 2 hour job??? to 4 hours each day for 2 days. Whew!!!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did the shackle and wet bolt installation. Good thing I have a lathe and hydraulic press. I made a mandrel out of a bolt to press the bushings in the equalizer. It took all of 20 tons to push them in even with a bit of heat on the body of the equalizer. The bolts would not go in, so a 9/16 reamer took care of that. Ended up with a good fit. Two of the bushings went in to the spring eyes fairly easy, but the other two needed the encouragement of a C clamp.

Almost forgot - There was a mixture of brass and plastic bushings on both sides, one side was greased, the other side not a trace save for a dab on the fitting. By the way, this is a 2014 with few road miles, it has been parked in our barn most of the time.
    2014 303 RLS
    2017 F450, Air suspension, Aluminum tow body, B&W hitch
    3rd family member - Labradoodle

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First outing with new suspension parts installed ant camper rides smoother, glad I did the install.
    I also did the CRE 3000 with heavy duty shackles and wet-bolts. (Also glad I don't do suspensions for a living.)

I'm convinced my camper rides a lot rougher than with the original Lippert equalizer. Fridge won't stay shut, stuff bounces off chairs, couch and counters; stapled on window valences falling to the floor. I'm pretty disappointed.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    I also did the CRE 3000 with heavy duty shackles and wet-bolts. (Also glad I don't do suspensions for a living.)

I'm convinced my camper rides a lot rougher than with the original Lippert equalizer. Fridge won't stay shut, stuff bounces off chairs, couch and counters; stapled on window valences falling to the floor. I'm pretty disappointed.

-Steve
    Wow! very disappointed to hear that. I am considering this upgrade for my little Imagine, maybe, maybe not.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post

-Steve
    Reading all I can on this issue and didn't even consider it might not be a major upgrade. Has your issue resolved or is it still a disappointing upgrade for you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12