User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morryde and wet bolt install

My CRE 3000 came in today and still waiting on wet bolt kit, just wondering if anyone had cut a small groove in the bolts at the oil hole to help grease spread around the bolt?
    Thanks.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not have to do any modifications to the wet bolts that came with the kit. Maybe you should contact Morryde and they can send you a replacement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    My CRE 3000 came in today and still waiting on wet bolt kit, just wondering if anyone had cut a small groove in the bolts at the oil hole to help grease spread around the bolt?
    Thanks.
    Haven't had any problem with my Morryde wet bolts taking grease in over a year of use. Just make sure the grease exit holes are in the 3 or 9 o'clock position.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barleyridge View Post
    Haven't had any problem with my Morryde wet bolts taking grease in over a year of use. Just make sure the grease exit holes are in the 3 or 9 o'clock position.
    Yup agree, The CRE's, wet bolts and HD shackles are a great suspension upgrade, just make sure the grease holes are clocked like he said. I installed this upgrade on our Imagine 2950RL, marked all the bolt heads relative to the grease hole so I made sure they were clocked correctly. The upgrade made a big difference in how the Imagine towed.
    Actually cutting a groove on the bolt shank grease hole might weaken the bolt if cut too much.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got my Heavy Duty Shackle kit today. Tried to prelube the first one and it won't take any grease in either zert. I'll check the others tomorrow. But right now I ain't impressed.
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS
    2004 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Sierra

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bolts came in today, install is planned for tomorrow. Based on the comments here, and the fact that several bolts were installed in the shackles, I won’t be cutting grooves. I did chamfer all the holes though.
    Will be checking to see if they all take grease before I tear into the camper.
    Will follow up when finished.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    My bolts came in today, install is planned for tomorrow. Based on the comments here, and the fact that several bolts were installed in the shackles, I won’t be cutting grooves. I did chamfer all the holes though.
    Will be checking to see if they all take grease before I tear into the camper.
    Will follow up when finished.
    I've installed two of the MorRyde wet bolt and HD shackle kits. Prelubed all of them before installation. I didn't have any that would not take grease. I believe on the MorRyde bolts the zerks are screwed in the bolt head. On some other kits the zerk is pressed in. If I had a problem with one I would check the ball on the zerk to make sure it was depressing. If so remove it and make sure the bolt is completely drilled through. I've used both a hand pump and pneumatic gun to grease the bolts.

Good luck to you and hope the installation goes well.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked and all 14 bolts took grease with no problems. Planning on install equalizers, wetbolts, grease hubs, and adjust brakes before it gets too hot tomorrow, guess I better get up really early.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Install took a total of 3 hours and it went pretty smooth. After seeing 40 ft lb on the shackle bolts in the instructions, I was a bit surprised at how tight the original shackle bolts were. I put all the new ones at 40 ft lb and clocked all grease holes as recommended.
    Glad I don’t do suspension work for a living.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WE-C-USA View Post
    I just got my Heavy Duty Shackle kit today. Tried to prelube the first one and it won't take any grease in either zert. I'll check the others tomorrow. But right now I ain't impressed.
    Revisited the lube problem today. All bolts finally took grease. The problem was the zerks won't allow flow. Had to manually push on the ball to unstick. All's good now. And yes they are screw in zerks.
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS
    2004 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Sierra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast