User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cubanblood View Post
    I going to have to resort to the cherry picker idea. Being in the military I move every 3 years so a portable solution will work best.

So I reached out to both Anderson and B&W requesting info on about shear force in case of an accident.
    B&W said the trailer kingpin will shear before the hitch will give.
    Anderson said it is possible the ball on the hitch can shear if involved in an accident. Thats a problem for me.
    I am going with the B&W slider. Thanks for all the help.
    I dont disagree B&W is a great choice, but a lot of people talk highly of the Reese goosebox, then you wont have any hitch in your truck to remove. I have no personal experience with it and would have purchased the B&W companion if they made the puck version for Ford in higher than a 20k when I bought my hitch. Now they have a 25k, but I dont have a "need" for a hitch upgrade right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the Reese goose box on a 29rs. My truck is a short box 2019 f250 4x4 I believe with the new trailer caps you gain a bit more turning room. I brought the trailer home with a buddies B&w companion hitch that towed well but I didn’t want to leave it in the bed of the truck full time and surly don’t want to remove that heavy thing often.
    2019 f250 4x4 short bed 6.7
    2020 reflection 29rs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post
    ... it doesn’t void your frame/kingpin warranties like the AUH...
    If anyone told you that the Andersen voids a warranty, that is incorrect. It is printed directly on the label on the hitch that it does not.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    If anyone told you that the Andersen voids a warranty, that is incorrect. It is printed directly on the label on the hitch that it does not.
    Let me mention first that I really wanted to buy the AUH. I had even found a used one to buy that had only been used once. Hearing there may be warranty issues in some forums I decided to contact both Grand Design and Lippert (they make the GD frame and Turning Point kingpin) and both confirmed that they consider the frame and kingpin warranties voided if any adapter is used on the kingpin. So I asked specially does the AUH kingpin adapter void the warranty and they strongly stated it most absolutely did void the frame and kingpin warranties. Since I really wanted to use the AUH I called Lippert back again a day later and asked for a manager who reconfirmed their position on AUH kingpin adapter voiding the warranty. I considered still going with AUH because of their $1M policy to cover any warranty issues. However, doing Google searches I ran across two people who had tried to use that and had significant problems getting any kind of resolution with AUH. I threw in the towel at that point deciding it wasn't worth the hassle. In the end I'm very pleased with the B&W choice. With my winch in the garage I pretty much got rid of the weight issue concern I had and haven't really found any time I wanted to remove the hitch while camping. I can remove it by taking it apart in two pieces that are more manageable if I ever really need to. The AUH sure would have been nice for that purpose.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareform View Post
    I went with the Reese goose box on a 29rs. My truck is a short box 2019 f250 4x4 I believe with the new trailer caps you gain a bit more turning room. I brought the trailer home with a buddies B&w companion hitch that towed well but I didn’t want to leave it in the bed of the truck full time and surly don’t want to remove that heavy thing often.
    I did consider the Reese Goosebox at first but two people with the same set up I will have (2018 Ram 3500 Short Bed and Reflection 303RLS) actually had the trailer hit the truck twice.
    I am not worried about removing the B&W. I dont use the bed of my truck for work. Actually the biggest thing I had put in the bed (other than comping gear) is a rolling toolbox I bought last year.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Blue Ox Superide 20K. Works great. Comes apart in 3 pieces so removal is very easy.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Reese 16k swivel head. I got this when I got my first 5er 10 yrs ago, a Jayco super-lite with a Reese Revolution pinbox. When we bought our 29RS last fall, it was either get a new hitch for my Silverado short bed or a different pinbox. I opted for the Sidewinder pinbox because I didn't trust myself to always remember to use the slider when I should, and after 30 yrs of towing, I know situations will arise when that is just not a good option. The Sidewinder gives me worry-free towing.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossepeo View Post
    I have a Reese 16k swivel head. I got this when I got my first 5er 10 yrs ago, a Jayco super-lite with a Reese Revolution pinbox. When we bought our 29RS last fall, it was either get a new hitch for my Silverado short bed or a different pinbox. I opted for the Sidewinder pinbox because I didn't trust myself to always remember to use the slider when I should, and after 30 yrs of towing, I know situations will arise when that is just not a good option. The Sidewinder gives me worry-free towing.
    I am going to look into the Sidewinder. That one did not come up on my research. First time hearing about it. Thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cubanblood View Post
    I am going to look into the Sidewinder. That one did not come up on my research. First time hearing about it. Thanks for the input.
    That's because it is not a hitch, it is a pinbox. If you get a sidewinder you still need a hitch.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the B&W non-slider and absolutely love it. I had a Curt Q20 on my previous truck and it was a pain to unhitch. The B&W has been flawless!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast