User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DRW vs SRW and ProPride Review

For two years I pulled our 297 RSTS with a 2015 RAM 2500 SRW and in December 2019 I traded it in on a 2019 RAM 3500 DRW. Had only made a few shorts trips pulling the 297 RSTS with the 3500 DRW, until recently I pulled it from Spokane, WA to Central Florida. Left Spokane on 1 May and just arrived in Florida on 28 May and want to provide an update on how the truck performed and how well the ProPride hitch performed on my trip.

On my trip I experienced about every situation, from super high winds-40-60 mph, crossed the mountains in Denver, tons of construction zones, rain, hail, super narrow bridges and super narrow back roads.

Upgrading the truck was the best move I ever made, cannot thank the GD forum members for all of their real world experience that helped me make the upgrade. The stability, power and braking the DRW provided was night and day over the SRW truck.

The ProPride hitch performed flawlwess, as I passed other trucks pulling trailers and watched them fighting the trailer as the wind howled or them getting passed my a semi truck I would see their trailer moving all over the road. I have been down that road and so thankful the ProPride lived up to its reputation and kept me straight and made the pulling experience a lot less stressful.

After moving to a DRW and the ProPride I truly enjoy pulling the trailer and have total confidence. Once the Canadian border opens I plan on leaving Florida and heading to Alaska then back to Florida so I will post another update on how the truck and ProPride hitch performed.

Can I say I'm enjoying retirement After 37 years f federal service I finally retired on 30 April and plan on doing as much travel as I can over the next 5 years.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    For two years I pulled our 297 RSTS with a 2015 RAM 2500 SRW and in December 2019 I traded it in on a 2019 RAM 3500 DRW. Had only made a few shorts trips pulling the 297 RSTS with the 3500 DRW, until recently I pulled it from Spokane, WA to Central Florida. Left Spokane on 1 May and just arrived in Florida on 28 May and want to provide an update on how the truck performed and how well the ProPride hitch performed on my trip.

On my trip I experienced about every situation, from super high winds-40-60 mph, crossed the mountains in Denver, tons of construction zones, rain, hail, super narrow bridges and super narrow back roads.

Upgrading the truck was the best move I ever made, cannot thank the GD forum members for all of their real world experience that helped me make the upgrade. The stability, power and braking the DRW provided was night and day over the SRW truck.

The ProPride hitch performed flawlwess, as I passed other trucks pulling trailers and watched them fighting the trailer as the wind howled or them getting passed my a semi truck I would see their trailer moving all over the road. I have been down that road and so thankful the ProPride lived up to its reputation and kept me straight and made the pulling experience a lot less stressful.

After moving to a DRW and the ProPride I truly enjoy pulling the trailer and have total confidence. Once the Canadian border opens I plan on leaving Florida and heading to Alaska then back to Florida so I will post another update on how the truck and ProPride hitch performed.

Can I say I'm enjoying retirement After 37 years f federal service I finally retired on 30 April and plan on doing as much travel as I can over the next 5 years.
    Congrats on your new TV, towing experience and above all, retirements. Enjoy every minute of all of them.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Brian, what you're saying is size does matter!

Sounds like you have great plans for your retirement! Safe travels and thank you for your service.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with your DRW assessment. The DRW setup makes towing a breeze pulling my 37' TT which I figure weighs about 11,000 lbs., well under the trucks rating of around 20,000 lbs. for conventional towing. It's not just the weight consideration but stability when towing what amounts to a billboard. The stability is unequaled. I use the 14,000 lb Equalizer weight distribution/ sway control hitch which performs flawlessly.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Agree with your DRW assessment. The DRW setup makes towing a breeze pulling my 37' TT which I figure weighs about 11,000 lbs., well under the trucks rating of around 20,000 lbs. for conventional towing. It's not just the weight consideration but stability when towing what amounts to a billboard. The stability is unequaled. I use the 14,000 lb Equalizer weight distribution/ sway control hitch which performs flawlessly.
    Brewhedd- I originally purchased the same WD hitch from Equalizer with the 4 point sway control, just was not happy with how it performed towing my 297 with the RAM 2500 SRW truck, would be interesting on the difference it would have made with the 3500 DRW, probably could have saved myself some $$ and not bought the ProPride but no complaints with the ProPride it has worked as advertised.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Brewhedd- I originally purchased the same WD hitch from Equalizer with the 4 point sway control, just was not happy with how it performed towing my 297 with the RAM 2500 SRW truck, would be interesting on the difference it would have made with the 3500 DRW, probably could have saved myself some $$ and not bought the ProPride but no complaints with the ProPride it has worked as advertised.
    I basically towed without it when the nuts loosened on the head where the bars insert and I didn't catch it. While it doesn't make a dramatic difference on the dually because of the inherent stability, it does make a difference. According to what owners say about the ProPride here it sounds better than the Equalizer. If it works for you it's worth the money.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I basically towed without it when the nuts loosened on the head where the bars insert and I didn't catch it. While it doesn't make a dramatic difference on the dually because of the inherent stability, it does make a difference. According to what owners say about the ProPride here it sounds better than the Equalizer. If it works for you it's worth the money.
    I have towed with both the Equalizer hitch and the ProPride hitch with two different trucks and two different trailers. ProPride outperforms the Equalizer every time in my experience. I still feel "shove sensation" with big trucks coming by at high speeds but not "sway sensation" in any circumstance. ProPride customer service has been awesome! Best of luck in your travels. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    I have towed with both the Equalizer hitch and the ProPride hitch with two different trucks and two different trailers. ProPride outperforms the Equalizer every time in my experience. I still feel "shove sensation" with big trucks coming by at high speeds but not "sway sensation" in any circumstance. ProPride customer service has been awesome! Best of luck in your travels. Frank.
    Thanks so much. I have been on the fence about replacing my WDH with a Propride.
    Your post sold me, I am ordering tomorrow.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Thanks so much. I have been on the fence about replacing my WDH with a Propride.
    Your post sold me, I am ordering tomorrow.
    Bob A.
    Best of luck Bob. Enjoy. The ProPride hitch changed my towing experience from anxious to confident.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Best of luck Bob. Enjoy. The ProPride hitch changed my towing experience from anxious to confident.
    Hi Frank
    Sitting here waiting on FedEx to deliver my Propride. I have watched many of the Youtube videos and plan to take the installation slow.
    Alice can read and comprehend instructions very well, me not so much. I am good with brute strength and following instructions verbally.

Sorry to read about your axle fire, glad no one was hurt.
    Bob A.
    Last edited by attaboy; 07-03-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast