Likes Likes:  0

Thread: drain pipe

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drain pipe

I have never liked crawling under the kitchen slide out to pull the end cap off and attach the sewer hose to the drain pipe. Yesterday, I cut about 15" off it and used a jointer to reattach the outer piece. I was able to use the existing hanger ( had to move it a bit). Now I do not have to reach so far under the 5er to attach hose. I'm old, I do not like to bend.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How far in, under the trailer, is the connection? Might you be able to attach the sewer connection prior to extending the slide? Unhooking would be just the reverse, slide in, then unhook? My valves can be operated from the control panel in the pass-through area, and are not blocked by the slide. I leave my valves closed while we are parked, and drain the shower tanks if we are somewhere for more than just a couple of days. Otherwise, I wait until we are getting ready to hook up, then drain and flush, after the slides are in.
    Last edited by Richter; 06-04-2020 at 05:50 AM.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is a bit more then I explained. I have a shut-off valve on the end of the drain. It was hard for me to reach under and pull out the "T" handle on the valve. I still have to rotate the "T" to the front but that is a simple thing to do. I normally leave the grey tanks open when parked and the black tank closed until it burps. I leave the ending "T" valve closed when traveling and open when parked. I also have a fitting that attaches to the end drain and the sewer hose attaches to it. This fitting is clear with a "T" valve of its own and a water hose fitting that I use to back-flush and clean out the tanks. This water fitting has an anti-backflow valve on it. After cleaning out the tanks I can close a valve and clean out the sewer hose. I have a black water hose that I use to clean out the tanks and that is all it is used for.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually