User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norma Miller View Post
    Oops, well - its open just for boondockers? Yeah that's it - and Wyoming has more livestock than people, and the air is too dry, and the winters too cold, and the elk and moose and deer roam as wild as the flowers grow in the Spring in the mountains. And people look at you in the face and smile and say Howdy! Yeah, nothing to see here

PS - i spent my first 10 years in Westminster
    It is a small world! My Father-in-laws family lived in Gillette. My wife spent many summers up there as a child. After we got married, I got to visit quite a bit. My favorite pastime was to help control the prairie dog population!
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's funny....my husband enjoys the same
    Almost Retired
    2019 Imagine XLS 21BHE
    2008 Toyota Tundra
    equalizer sway bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in MN state campgrounds just recently opened but the reservation process was behind. We are just getting ability to make reservations. Everyone's got different interests. We were very frustrated that camping wasn't allowed as we don't need the visitor center, restaurants, or other commercial functions. We want to see nature, hike, fish, etc.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    NM is reopening but I would advise you avoid NW NM and NE AZ as there is still a high incidence rate of COVID in these areas. Should be plenty of places to boondock though. The state parks in these areas remain closed for now. Otherwise, life is returning to normal here except for face masks and physical distancing. I don’t think I’d worry to much about hitting the road, seeing new things and nature, and staying in my own RV. I would avoid the downtown area if possible in any city, even the freeways since some protesters boil over onto the roads. Usually there’s ways to get around this and avoid it all together though. In Albuquerque, I think all the protests have been downtown (where the skyscrapers are) and on or around Central Ave and by the University of NM. Those are generally always the most crime ridden areas anyway and we would avoid them on a good day.
    Where are you in NM? We just had an amazing trip down to Ruidoso and we want to go back ASAP. It was fantastic. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6908.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	26968
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6879.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	26969

Name:	IMG_6871.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	26970

Name:	IMG_6864.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	26971

Name:	IMG_6867.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	26972

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We found the "local" regional park is accepting reservations starting this month. So we made a reservation for July (my sister is going to come and join us). Not really to "go see/do things", but just to sit around someplace else besides home.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, very true. It's time to enjoy our land and freedom again, and maybe have a bit more appreciation and respect for it and each other. Cheers!
    Almost Retired
    2019 Imagine XLS 21BHE
    2008 Toyota Tundra
    equalizer sway bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNevs View Post
    Where are you in NM? We just had an amazing trip down to Ruidoso and we want to go back ASAP. It was fantastic. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6908.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	26968

Name:	IMG_6879.jpg 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	26969

Name:	IMG_6871.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	26970

Name:	IMG_6864.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	26971

Name:	IMG_6867.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	26972

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We’re in Grants, NM. Thankfully, not a very high incidence rate in this county (Cibola) but McKinley and San Juan counties have a high rate.

Ruidoso is really nice. I’d like to spend some more time down there as well!
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the OP’s frustrations but we just returned from a 2 week trip from NE Ohio to Lookout Mountain Georgia/Tennessee and back through Virginia and West Virginia. We really would’ve like to go to the aquarium in Chattanooga and a couple of other points of interest in town but they were closed. The upside is we didn’t deal with any crowds, we had light traffic and it was very quiet. Small towns in NW Georgia and Tennessee lived up to their friendly Southern reputation and made us feel welcome. Was it different and sometimes disappointing? Yes, but the quiet and more relaxing pace was a welcome upside.

There’s still nothing like camping, making our meals in the outdoor kitchen, sitting by the campfire and visiting with new neighbors at the campground.

If we didn’t have the responsibility to take care of an elderly parent here at home we would be heading out West to see the sites several of you mentioned in this thread. But there’s still no way this couple is giving up camping opportunities in our region - visitor center and restaurant closures be damned. Happy Camping!

Bob
    Last edited by Rovers; 06-13-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was in Maggie Valley NC this week. Things are opening but definitely not normal. Wanted to visit Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum but they were closed. Campground was fantastic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_161404.jpg 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	27264

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I don't understand the OP and winterizing at the beginning of summer. It's not going to freeze anytime soon so no need to winterize. We currently have reservations for a long weekend next weekend at a local campground. July we have a week reserved up by Helen GA. About to make reservations for August and September.

Yea you might not get to enjoy tourist spots but I'm wasn't planning on going the tourist route anyway. Me and Mrs skreef are content just camping, cooking, a bit of fishing and maybe some geocaching. I can do all that with everything closed (except the campground).

Change your expectations, plan accordingly, and you'll still have a good time.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast