User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    There is too much that is unknown to be neatly put in a box and say there it is.
    Exactly.

I hope you understand I am trying to provide the data and point out some of the areas where there are inaccuracies or incompleteness in the data. Incomplete data, either intentionally or unintentionally omitted, allows for one to draw conclusions to fit whatever narrative they so desire.

A quote I often cited to my residents: "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.” A. Conan Doyle

Edited to expand on why I used this quote - There is a tendency, especially in medical students or a novice practitioners to make an initial diagnosis or develop a list of differential diagnoses based upon the signs/symptoms, history and a clinical examination. We then perform some lab tests and get the results. The tendency is to ignore or claim lab error for those results that don't fit our preconceived diagnosis rather than reformulate our diagnosis to fit the data.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 06-15-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    NM is reopening but I would advise you avoid NW NM and NE AZ as there is still a high incidence rate of COVID in these areas. Should be plenty of places to boondock though. The state parks in these areas remain closed for now. Otherwise, life is returning to normal here except for face masks and physical distancing. I don’t think I’d worry to much about hitting the road, seeing new things and nature, and staying in my own RV. I would avoid the downtown area if possible in any city, even the freeways since some protesters boil over onto the roads. Usually there’s ways to get around this and avoid it all together though. In Albuquerque, I think all the protests have been downtown (where the skyscrapers are) and on or around Central Ave and by the University of NM. Those are generally always the most crime ridden areas anyway and we would avoid them on a good day.
    We are on the road back from Alpine AZ via Red River NM to Round Rock, Texas. We were able to get campsites at places that are normally booked for the season. Lots of closures. We toured Casa Malpais Indian ruins in Springerville, AZ. Very cool! Flyfished the Black River AZ and Rio Grande near Pilar NM. Over the month, we could see more and more folks at campgrounds and on the rivers.

The four corners region has been hammered by Covid. Some speculated it was due to the Native Americans' overall health or a lack of indoor plumbing or multi generational homes?

Keep them in your prayers.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Likes to tow View Post
    Just returned from a trip into the mountains of the Blue Ridge Parkway and North Carolina. All visitor centers, welcome centers, restaurants and anything of interest were closed. It's a total different experience. I may just go ahead now and winterize this relic of freedom and see what happens after November. Trip out west is off the table, I just canceled all our reservations. It's just not the same especially when you watch the evening news and see violent disruption in our cities and private property destroyed ...................................
    It depends on who's running the state that you're visiting. In Florida most everything is opened up and masks aren't even required for a lot of things. About the only time you'll see masks worn is when it is a request of the property owner that you are at. We are currently in Colorado and most things are open but the government has required masks, even though the American medical association has stated that wearing a mask will not deter the spread of the Wuhanvirus. And unless it is an N95 mask, those will let about 15% of the Wuhan virus through, the cloth masks as well as the surgical masks will also let through about 95 to 98% of the Wuhan virus. So basically wearing anything other than an N95 for the recommended amount of hours before replacing and properly fitting does virtually no good.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edited to remove deleted post reference....

Not Fox News, even though they are probly the most open and honest about it, they recommend wearing masks. I worked in blood borne pathogen in airborne and waterborne disease for over 40 years. A little bit of homework and you will find out that the virus nano meter measurements are between 60 and a 125 and NM's. Use your brain do some homework read what masks will capture that size nano meter measurement and educate yourself.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 06-16-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are taking off on a 2 week trip this week. Didn't have any issues getting space for our rig....Williams, AZ; Durango, CO; Idaho Springs, CO; Dodge City, KS; Bella Vista, AR; Elk City, OK; Santa Fe, NM & Williams again.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in west/central Washington, parks are opening, and the coast is mostly all open. In the last month and a half we have worked our way up from Florida - some things closed but lots of things to see and more opening every day.
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234