User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2015 Reflection 303RLS replacement fenders

The fenders on my 303RLS are cracking around the screws and one fender has the protective coating bubbling up and deteriorating. I contacted a local dealer and was informed that GD no longer makes the color match fender for the 2015 RLS. My options were a champagne color and a black fender. Does anyone have a “go to” parts supplier or other ideas for replacement?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 47E9445F-C30F-417B-8A2F-2B5AAB9E7002.jpeg  

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We found that out too when our walls were replaced a couple years ago by the GDRV factory service center. They installed the black ones and they look pretty good as noted in the pictures below. I like them better than the original ones like you have and we had. Ours had cracks at some of the mounting areas where the screws were located. A number of folks have shared about the cracks as as did you. We did not have any other issues with ours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180619_083124.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	26964Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180619_083006.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	26965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180717_133725.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	26966

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the testimony and pictures! I think I’ll go ahead with the black also.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, they were a custom made part for GD when on the Reflections.

Black is not back, kind of an accent color.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had same issue, the black looked great and worked just fine.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 Reflection 303rls and I have the exact same crack, on the curb side. The driver side has a worse crack but closer to the front of the fender. Where did you get your replacement fenders. I appreciate and help !
    I also have a crack in my skylight.. I need to replace the skylight. I have had four other trailers, that have been all over the country including Nova Scotia and Alaska. Never had a crack in fenders or skylights, Most trailers we kept for 12 years before trading.
    Also just found the strap that supports the gas line on the driver side has broken. This just showed up. Don't know if I can afford to keep a Grand Design. What in the world has happened to QUALITY ??
    The other trailers ere a Wilderness we purchasd used and kept about 7 years, no problems. The other two were Jayco trailers bought new used each about 12 years including a trip to Alaska and kept about 12 years . NO ISSUES WITH THESE TRAILERS AT ALL ...
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up purchasing the black fenders through the closest dealer. I actually like the look. I also had to purchase a slide cable keeper for the kitchen slide due to it breaking in two. I had already replaced my shower skylight several years ago due to tree limb contact. Other than that, my 303 has ben trouble free. Good luck with your fenders. Oh, the new fenders required one more screw than the original so I just replaced all mine with new SS self tapping.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Fridgeraider ! I appreciate the feedback. The black looks good. I will probably go that route. Where did you get the cable keeper . Mine also broke on the kitchen side. It is for the fridge gas line. Did you have to take one end loose to get the wires back in the new cable holder? That might be a challenge with the gas line. Thanks for your thoughts , Duke
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    I have a 2016 Reflection 303rls and I have the exact same crack, on the curb side. The driver side has a worse crack but closer to the front of the fender. Where did you get your replacement fenders. I appreciate and help !
    I also have a crack in my skylight.. I need to replace the skylight. I have had four other trailers, that have been all over the country including Nova Scotia and Alaska. Never had a crack in fenders or skylights, Most trailers we kept for 12 years before trading.
    Also just found the strap that supports the gas line on the driver side has broken. This just showed up. Don't know if I can afford to keep a Grand Design. What in the world has happened to QUALITY ??
    The other trailers ere a Wilderness we purchasd used and kept about 7 years, no problems. The other two were Jayco trailers bought new used each about 12 years including a trip to Alaska and kept about 12 years . NO ISSUES WITH THESE TRAILERS AT ALL ...

Icon makes skylights. You can purchase directly from them or from Amazon. Just replaced mine last week. Cracked and leaked. Luckily water leaked directly into shower pan. You should use skylight sealant instead of dicor to seal under and around the perimeter of the new skylight. Icon also sells the sealant but its much more expensive then this brand on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dicor will react with the polycarbonate skylight. I used two tubes of sealant. You may need to get up on the roof to measure your skylight as there are several different models to choose from. Also they are not inexpensive.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not have to disconnect the power cable. The way my cable keeper broke I was able to slip it off of the power cable and then Slide on the new using the original cable ties. Connect each end of the keeper and job done. Took about 30 minutes.
    Tim and Lezlie Arnold
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    Tow vehicle 2017 Ford F-250 6.7 liter Diesel
    Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch