User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink 2150RB - Camping with baby

Hi All! My husband and I are expecting our first child this August and we don't plan to modify our lifestyle once she gets here (queue laughing here). We are currently owners of an Imagine 2150RB and I'm wondering if there are any other families of three (plus 2 medium/large dogs) who have been able to use their trailer space efficiently so it isn't too crowded. What do you use for sleeping accommodations for baby? Pack n play, bassinet/Moses basket, dock-a-tot, co-sleep? Any tips you have would be much appreciated! We are not new to camping/RV-ing (and we still do it all including backpacking, tent camping, etc) but are definitely new to children/babies Next year we are going to look into upgrading to a Momentum 29G or something that will be more "family friendly" but I would like to make do with what we have for now. Cheers!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went into our Momentum just before our daughter was born. We used a https://www.gracobaby.com/en-US/Play...-stages-103650 which fit perfectly between the bed and dresser. It was also light and small enough to carry downstairs easily, and it works as they get older. The sleeping platform has several positions. Eventually, at the toddler stage, she learned that she could make it move if she was "active" enough. That's when it was retired.

We are in it full-time, and have adapted as she grows. Some co-sleeping, some time on the sofa downstairs until she's big enough for the upper bunk or garage bunk. It's worked out well.

Congratulations! You will love having a little one around.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-04-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We lived in our Momentum for 3 years, started with 3 kids, ended up with 4. Our youngest when we moved into it would sleep in a pack n play in the garage area with the other 2. When we had our 4th, we mainly did co-sleeping, but we also have a king bed which gave us extra room. We didn't use the pack n play at all for the 4th. We also had a laundry basket we used to keep the baby's toys in which worked out great. As we had more kids we would use less of the "needed" or perceived needed baby stuff, so no need to worry about storing.

We had no issues traveling with a baby, we even drove 900 miles to Disney about 3 weeks after our 4th was born. We already had that trip planned before my wife got pregnant and we didnt have any intentions on changing it, worked out well. We dont use strollers, so storage wasnt an issue, my wife would use Kinderpacks for wearing the baby, and her and the baby loved them, very comfy. I've worn it a few times and it worked out well.

By the way, congrats on your first child!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! So what I'm hearing is I definitely NEED a Momentum haha! I'm thinking that garage space would be handy for a pack n play or whatever and also sleeping once she gets older.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please, please remind yourself to come back and read this thread 3 years from now. You will get a great laugh out of it! You do not yet understand the meaning of the word “tired”.

Having a baby will be the best thing to ever happen to you, but your lifestyle will change more than you can even imagine it is possible. As they get older, your calendar will be full. Our oldest was 3 before my wife and I were able to take a nap at the same time. I retired a year ago and am just getting back into hobbies like golf and RC planes that I’ve been away from for 30 years. Replaced by coaching baseball, softball and soccer.

Congratulations!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my kids were that age, my late wife and I had a 23 ft. fixed-keel sailboat... much less living space than an equivalently-sized RV. We stayed many nights out - in all kinds of weather - when one kid was an infant and the other was four. Kids are tremendously adaptable and resilient. We would "fence" the kids into the front V-berth with rolled up blankets, etc., so the baby wouldn't fall out and we would sleep on the dinette and seating that made into a bed. One summer night when the baby was about one, she had a night where she just wouldn't sleep and spent the whole night crawling all over us. We didn't sleep much that night, either.

As John or Kathy said, the kids will grow up and age out. As ours approached the 'tweens, they found other interests and were no longer interested in going sailing (or later camping) with us. We have found the same to be true with our grandkids. After the age of 12 or 13, their only interest in us is how much we're going to send them for their birthday or Christmas. In other words, get out and do it while you can and don't worry about the equipment. Wife 2.0 backpacked and tent camped all over Europe where they were living at the time when her kids were little (3-8 and newborn to 5). They always made it work. Who knows, maybe you'll be one of those lucky families where the kids will take to camping and carry on a family tradition as they grow up.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I just had our first child. Before the kid we camped in a Lance truck camper. Now we are planning on upsizing to the giant-to-us 22MLE (lol), to make room for the little one.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    We lived in our Momentum for 3 years, started with 3 kids, ended up with 4. Our youngest when we moved into it would sleep in a pack n play in the garage area with the other 2. When we had our 4th, we mainly did co-sleeping, but we also have a king bed which gave us extra room.
    The RV king bed is a worthwhile option. We were very glad we did the same thing. It added $247 to the cost of the trailer at the time. Even when our daughter decided to be "sideways baby" at night, there was plenty of room, until she got a bit taller and "sideways toddler" just didn't work so well for us, although she didn't mind at all.

Just wait for the morning that you wake up to a diaper-clad baby crawling up and then sitting on your head, laughing like a crazy person at her accomplishment.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS