User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does this mean?

I have a 2020 Reflection 150 series 230RL. I have always thought my fresh water capacity was 52 gallons but I have no way of measuring the gallons added to the tank. Non scientific comparison, but with past trailers I have owned with 30 gallon tanks and being conservative, I run out at about the same time or at similar markers. 22 gallons should provide me with 2 more showers using the same shower head etc. (I know there may be other subtle differences but 22 gallons is quite a bit of water).

In looking online at the specs of the 230RL it states it carries 52 gallons but with a footnote (number 4) that states;

4) Units built before 12/1/18 have 52 Gal Fresh Water Capacity (Imagine and Trancend Only).

Am I dense? This makes no sense to me and I am not certain how much fresh water this thing holds! Can someone fill me in? Nothing in the generic 5th wheel manual to help me out either.

Thanks!

John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a simple way to measure the capacity of your tank. Get a gallon (or two gallon, doesn't matter, just changes the math) bucket or other container. Fill it with your hose turned on full, measuring the time it takes to fill. Take the same hose and fill your rv tank until it's full, and note how long it took to fill. Now, do the math. If it took 15 seconds to fill your 2 gallon bucket, and 5 minutes to fill your rv tank, you have a 40 gallon tank (you are filling at 8 gallons per minute).

Keith
    Hopefully future GD Solitude owner (looking at 310-GK).
    Currently own 26' Fleetwood TT, towed by 2012 Nissan Armada, but want to upgrade
    Also own: 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2016 Ford Focus RS, 2000 Nissan Maxima, 1965 Buick Skylark GranSport Convertible

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, an even easier solution is to buy a water meter that attaches to the hose connection. Completely empty your fresh water tank, zero the meter and fill it until the overflow tube starts to let water out of the tank.

https://www.amazon.com/Save-a-Drop-P...1324059&sr=8-2
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have a gallon meter on order! Just hoping someone could save me a few bucks!

And as far as a timed filling, there are too many restrictions and valves in the Nautilus System to make that accurate IMHO.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 52 gallons probably includes the volume of the hot water tank. Also the placement of the tank vent will affect the fill. If it is, as it should be, tapped off the top at the high point with a gooseneck you'll get an accurate reading. Judging from all the posts of people that complain the water tank is loosing water when going down the road or parked off level I would suspect not. I agree that a flow meter is the best way to calculate the volume of fill.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-05-2020 at 05:46 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJCES View Post
    I do have a gallon meter on order! Just hoping someone could save me a few bucks!

And as far as a timed filling, there are too many restrictions and valves in the Nautilus System to make that accurate IMHO.
    $15 to $20 bucks for a water meter is a very small investment when you look at the money spent on everything else involved in camping....from the trailer to the tow vehicle to whatever else you use and need.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know what you find. I think they include the water heater in gallon #. It would be great if you could also let us know how many gallons turn on the idiot lights for fresh water. I tried to empty the water when I got down to the 1/3 light. Only got 4 gallons before pump went dry.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    Let us know what you find. I think they include the water heater in gallon #. It would be great if you could also let us know how many gallons turn on the idiot lights for fresh water. I tried to empty the water when I got down to the 1/3 light. Only got 4 gallons before pump went dry.
    The tank sensors are notorious for not being all that accurate. Yes, the water in the water heater is counted in the total count for fresh water. You just learn, after a while, how long it takes to fill your tank and how long it will last.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Or, an even easier solution is to buy a water meter that attaches to the hose connection. Completely empty your fresh water tank, zero the meter and fill it until the overflow tube starts to let water out of the tank.

https://www.amazon.com/Save-a-Drop-P...1324059&sr=8-2
    I have 2 of these, they work great.
    2020 Solitude 385GK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie Long Horn short box, mega cab, SRW, HO with Aisin Tranny
    B&W goose neck
    Companion Slider