Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge Won't Get Cold

Hello,

I have another thread going on this issue, but I'd like to open a new one only for the mechanics of the fridge. My fridge won't get cold, but the lights come on and it seams to be working fine otherwise. Does anyone know what mechanical part I can replace to get the fridge to start cooling again?

I think it works on propane, but not sure as I just switched it over and seeing if that works.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

I have another thread going on this issue, but I'd like to open a new one only for the mechanics of the fridge. My fridge won't get cold, but the lights come on and it seams to be working fine otherwise. Does anyone know what mechanical part I can replace to get the fridge to start cooling again?

I think it works on propane, but not sure as I just switched it over and seeing if that works.
    How long have you been waiting for it to get cold? It takes a long time for RV fridges to get cold. Generally 8-12 hours.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I turned it on 5 hours ago and the inside of the fridge is hotter than the RV itself. I had an issue where I blew out some appliances with 220V.

I really need to know what part would need to be replaced or repaired that could lead to the fridge not working, because I think something in the fridge got damanged.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    I turned it on 5 hours ago and the inside of the fridge is hotter than the RV itself. I had an issue where I blew out some appliances with 220V.

I really need to know what part would need to be replaced or repaired that could lead to the fridge not working, because I think something in the fridge got damanged.
    UMPH! You should give serious consideration into investing in the hardwire unit: https://www.progressiveindustries.net/

Bare minimum damage caused by the 220VAC - control board is toast, but start first with the camper's converter. Has that been checked out or replaced after the event?
    Last edited by geotex1; 06-04-2020 at 10:02 PM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Control board for sure.

220 is bad, bad, bad...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS