User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    No - I was merely commenting that using a 12 volt DC compressor fridge would negate the need for the inverter needed to run a 120 VAC compressor fridge off batteries. You would need to find out the amp draw on the 12V fridge and see what would be required to operate it. My guess is that the light gauge 12V wiring for the controls on the RV absorption fridge might not be up to the task - you may end up doing what you've outlined above.

Rob
    Thank you. Amp draw is 7-8 amps on start-up and 3 amps running. Found some info on experiences with it on another forum. Seems that it would use less than the 120v fridge we had on an inverter in our travel trail; that unit could run about 2.5 days on 2 Group 27 deep cycle batteries. We don't do any boondocking unless we have to, Judy the occasional overnight in transit. I'm thinking a couple of GC2 batteries in series would amply (no pun intended) cover our needs to run a 12v fridge and basics for a couple days. We will invest in a generator when we head out west.

Mike
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    2017 Ram 2500 CC, 6.7L Cummins Diesel 🐏
    2022 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian
    I also have the Solitude 310 and want to switch out the Norcold for a residential one. Did you have to move the vanity and overhead cabinet by the entry door to get the fridge in place? My wifes looking at a counter depth 35 1/2 " wide unit
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456