User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: inverter

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    So in your modified after state, did you rig up a separate AC sub panel (circled in red) for the fridge and the "other outlets on the same breaker"?

Attachment 27007
    That is just a few busbars to tie the conductors together
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    That is just a few busbars to tie the conductors together
    So all the outlets are only protected by the inverter fuse? (Not that that's a bad thing)

Also I don't think busbars on the AC side would be up to code (at least they wouldn't be in residential.
    Last edited by Bungy; 06-05-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire circuit is also protected by the breaker on the panel. I said busbars to simplify things. I suppose wire nuts would be the residential way to do things but I do not favor them for a mobile application such as an RV. I actually used splices in my install.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    The entire circuit is also protected by the breaker on the panel. I said busbars to simplify things. I suppose wire nuts would be the residential way to do things but I do not favor them for a mobile application such as an RV. I actually used splices in my install.
    Thank you very much! This definitely gives me a starting point for my install. The other thing I’m struggling with is can I hook the ac output up to the breaker box. That way I could have power available at all the outlets. I may need an inverter/charger to make that work. The research continues!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would take a beefier inverter and a lot more design consideration. But, yes, it is doable.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 1k GD installed Inverter has a internal pass through circuit that senses loss of shore power and will auto switch to battery 12v to 120vac. The inverter has a corded plug that draws shore power from a 120vac outlet mounted near the inverter. The inverter also has a hard wired 120 vac output to the Samsung Frig. Shore power passes through the inverter to the frig when connected.
    2019 Ford F350 Dually
    2020 GD Solitude 375RES-R

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FOWLERGK View Post
    The 1k GD installed Inverter has a internal pass through circuit that senses loss of shore power and will auto switch to battery 12v to 120vac. The inverter has a corded plug that draws shore power from a 120vac outlet mounted near the inverter. The inverter also has a hard wired 120 vac output to the Samsung Frig. Shore power passes through the inverter to the frig when connected.
    Thank you very much for this info, just had mine converted to residential fridge and now I know exactly how the power flows. One question though, what is the purpose of the remote inverter on/off switch? Is it to prevent battery drain if shore power is lost? By that I mean for example if the trailer is in storage and no food in fridge and shore power is lost. No need to drain the batteries for an empty fridge.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Thank you very much for this info, just had mine converted to residential fridge and now I know exactly how the power flows. One question though, what is the purpose of the remote inverter on/off switch? Is it to prevent battery drain if shore power is lost? By that I mean for example if the trailer is in storage and no food in fridge and shore power is lost. No need to drain the batteries for an empty fridge.
    Correct, the inverter will always pass through shore voltage but will only invert from batteries if you have it turned "on" (you will hear the fan come on). When on and passing through power, it still draws about 30w additional power.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This website advertises a WFCO 5110R Inverter (1000watt) which has its own built-in transfer switch.
    http://www.bestconverter.com/1000-Wa...l#.XuP2L0VKiHt
    The back of the unit has a place for the AC input. So it looks like it has a DC input, an AC input, and then an AC output to the fridge.
    I am curious since i am considering doing a residential refrigerator retrofit on my unit.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the inverter GD installs on the residential frig trailers.
    2019 Ford F350 Dually
    2020 GD Solitude 375RES-R

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123