Thread: inverter

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inverter

For those of you that have a factory installed inverter, a few questions:

1. Is it an inverter or inverter/charger?

2. Does it have a built in auto transfer switch?

I have a lot more but that'll do for now...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last two Grand Design 5th wheels had inverters. Neither were inverter/chargers. The last RV had a residential fridge and a 1,000w inverter. I don't know for sure if it had an auto transfer switch. Our current rig has a residential fridge and the factory 300w solar system. It has a 2,000w inverter and an auto transfer switch.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    My last two Grand Design 5th wheels had inverters. Neither were inverter/chargers. The last RV had a residential fridge and a 1,000w inverter. I don't know for sure if it had an auto transfer switch. Our current rig has a residential fridge and the factory 300w solar system. It has a 2,000w inverter and an auto transfer switch.
    Thank you, more questions:

1. How is it wired exactly?
    2. Is it inline with the shore power?
    3. Is the output wired to the distribution box or only a few outlets?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    Thank you, more questions:

1. How is it wired exactly?
    2. Is it inline with the shore power?
    3. Is the output wired to the distribution box or only a few outlets?
    Sorry, I can't help you with these questions. I know several outlets are wired for the inverter but I haven't taken the time to document it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a residential fridge, you will get a 1000w WFCO inverter wired to power ONLY the residential fridge (and nothing else). It is a simple inverter, no transfer switch and no charger - there is a separate WFCO converter for battery charging.

If you get the Onan generator prep, that includes an automatic transfer switch to switch between shore power and the generator to power the trailer.

If you have the solar package with the GoPower inverter it will be more capable but I am not as knowledgeable on what that install looks like.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    If you have the solar package with the GoPower inverter it will be more capable but I am not as knowledgeable on what that install looks like.
    Not to nitpick but...
    My 2020 Solitude 310GK-R with the factory 300w solar package has a Magnum Energy 2,000w inverter, not a GoPower.
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Not to nitpick but...
    My 2020 Solitude 310GK-R with the factory 300w solar package has a Magnum Energy 2,000w inverter, not a GoPower.
    Not a nitpick at all, thanks for the correction! I am ignorant of the factory offering and have built my own system in my 2019
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a residential fridge, you will get a 1000w WFCO inverter wired to power ONLY the residential fridge (and nothing else). It is a simple inverter, no transfer switch and no charger - there is a separate WFCO converter for battery charging.

If you get the Onan generator prep, that includes an automatic transfer switch to switch between shore power and the generator to power the trailer.

So the fridge gets power from the inverter even when on shore power?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    So the fridge gets power from the inverter even when on shore power?
    When on shore power, the inverter passes through the shore power. If you turn on the inverter, it will pass through power as long as it is available and will take over and invert from batteries if shore power is lost. There is a higher "idle" power draw when the inverter is on even if passing through voltage due to always on fan (which is not silent) and sensing circuitry that has to be powered up

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When on shore power, the inverter passes through the shore power. If you turn on the inverter, it will pass through power as long as it is available and will take over and invert from batteries if shore power is lost. There is a higher "idle" power draw when the inverter is on even if passing through voltage due to always on fan (which is not silent) and sensing circuitry that has to be powered up
    How does it “pass through power” without a transfer switch? The WFCO 5100 (which I’m assuming is the model used) only has DC in and AC out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast