Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Basement access

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basement access

For those that have squared of your basement storage for more room and access to hot water heater how did you out? Any thoughts or suggestions? I would like to gain some room and put a water monitor there for leaks! Thanks

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sask 379 View Post
    For those that have squared of your basement storage for more room and access to hot water heater how did you out? Any thoughts or suggestions? I would like to gain some room and put a water monitor there for leaks! Thanks
    Good morning from the other side of the straw curtain! When I modified my wall all I did was to remove the angled portion and cut it down so it would fit at 90 degrees to the other two. I then added a pair of hinges to the right side of it as that original long wall was the sturdiest, works good.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sask 379 View Post

Here is a link to a post.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...855#post238855

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, we love the 379 floor plan for us, but storage is the shortcomings. We considered trading in for a 380 for more storage but couldn’t do it. Just don’t care for all the up and downs with stairs. So trying to grab a bit more space and might put water sensor under wet bay then!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the same thing as Bungy, I also put some L brackets at the top to sturdy the panels & a piece of plexiglass in the door facing the pump & back of the Nautilus panel. Two leak detectors, one at the pump & the other near the HW heater. The one at the pump works as the clear screen filter developed a leak on a trip last year...woke us in the middle of the night. Glad I had a spare.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC