User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hampal View Post
    I think the blue tablets are what the RV dealer told us to get. How does that enzyme stuff work? Is it pretty much the same as the blue tablets? Toss one in the toilet when you start camping and add a gallon or so water?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I've also been able to find blue tablets that are enzymes as well. I drop a tablet in before we store the RV, and then add another at the start of our trip. Just like LV Naturist indicated, when we dump all I see come through the clear elbow is brown liquid, and with a little bit of Black Rinse through the system, it comes out clear fairly quickly. I've also done the trick at the dump station where you leave the black rinse on, close the valve and let it fill the tank, and open again. Just FYI though, it fills up quicker than you think so have a helper keep an eye on the tank level, or keep the water on low. Also, in consideration of others, I only do that extra rinse if nobody is waiting behind me.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t get to hung up on type of toilet chemicals when camping. You have holding tanks not a septic system. Keep it clean , use plenty of water in black tank or you will join the poop pyramid club. If your out longer than a week, add more chemical to keep odors away until you dump your tank.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, I keep my stinky slinky and the hose I use to flush the black tank in a plastic bin with a snap on lid. Once or twice a year I put the bin on the ground and fill it with bleach water mixture and let it sit for several hours. Sure keeps the hose and bin smelling clean.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The owners manual says to "always keep 4-6" of water in the black tank". How do you know when you have 4-6"? I just dumped 4 gallons of water in the toilet, and a blue tab, hoping that would be enough to keep the stink down while it was parked.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aljewett View Post
    The owners manual says to "always keep 4-6" of water in the black tank". How do you know when you have 4-6"? I just dumped 4 gallons of water in the toilet, and a blue tab, hoping that would be enough to keep the stink down while it was parked.
    Putting 4 gallons in the toilet works just fine!

However if you wanna get fancy, a lot of us have flow meters like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Save-a-Drop-E...117938&sr=8-10

You can put that on your black tank flush supply line (with the dump valve closed of course), turn on the hose, and fill until the meter says you've put in four or six gallons. (Don't wander away while doing it... there are stories of guys getting distracted and overfilling the black tank, causing it to rupture which some find to be an unpleasant experience.)
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12