User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basement w/Wall Reconfiguration

I was surprised at how small the basement was for storing stuff. I have a 2020 Momentum 320G. I removed the two interior wall pieces in order to install a water pump controller and run some wiring for new switches in the kitchen and noticed a lot of waste space in the basement. This is what I started with:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basement 1.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	27003

The wall on the left consisted of two panels. A short one on the passenger side and a longer one from the Nautilus panel back to the short one.

Name:	Basement 2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	27004
    This is the basement with those two panels removed. I did reroute a water line and moved the surge/transfer switch over a little more than an inch. I then installed the short stud wall some that I could screw the long panel to. The top of the stud wall has a notch in it so that the drain pipe has a natural slope to it.

Name:	Basement 3.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	27005
    This is the short wall panel. It had to be cut in order to clear the water lines behind the Nautilus panel. I peeled the fabric back on the panel and then cut the panel abt 8" from the end at a 20 degree angle. I then flipped the panel over and butted the cut ends and glued them together. I then sprayed the panels with adhesive and restretched the fabric over it. It was sort of a lopsided V.

Name:	Basement 4.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	27006
    This is the basement with the panels attached. Noticed that I flopped their positions. The long panel is now on the passenger side and the side panel covers the back of the Nautilus panel.

John

I don't believe that I gained a ton of space but I did gain some with not a lot of effort.
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice mod. Looks good and cost was right.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    MN_Rider

2019 354M Momentum
    2013 F350 CCSB 6.7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice mod, I have some totes like everyone else, but I wanted to see if I could reduce the totes I needed and utilize the wall space better. Thing is I do not want to do anything to complicated if I have to take the walls off for maintenance. Thanks for the info, thinking this through.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    Very nice mod, I have some totes like everyone else, but I wanted to see if I could reduce the totes I needed and utilize the wall space better. Thing is I do not want to do anything to complicated if I have to take the walls off for maintenance. Thanks for the info, thinking this through.
    It isn't any more complicated than stock. Four screws in each panel just like it came from the factory.
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G