User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys will be fine. Enjoy the experience of going through the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel Bridge. Great views of the area.
    2018 Ram CC,LB DRW Longhorn 6.7, AISIN, 4.10s

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great question! We are headed down to Kitty Hawk in the spring and the route takes us to the very same bridge n tunnel with a Solitude 3350. It is at 13’5”. We were so happy to see the responses to your inquiry. I guess all you have to do is ask. I hope you are able to see the wild horses at Chincoteague. Again great question and great informational responses.
    Annie

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't call it a passion. Weve camped up and down the East coast while we lived in VA and SC. We recently moved to Idaho and made it an adventure on the way. We had a moving company take all our stuff so we camped in all those states on the way out here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    YIKES!! SC to Idaho, how many extra layers of clothe did you have to bring???

And to the OP- traveled it many times with multiple RV's. First was my Raptor that was right at 13' 6". Called down and talked to a Sgt. He was the absolute least amount of help he could be. Told me to just drive down, there is an overheight detector and if it's to tall they'll tell you to turn around. He couldn't comprehend that was exactly what I wanted to avoid as it would have added hours and many extra miles to the trip. His final response was " big trucks go through it all of the time."! One other thing you may not be aware of, they do have a wind restriction, in case you travel during any type of storm. Too windy, and they will ask you to wait to cross until they deem it safe.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dually mike View Post
    YIKES!! SC to Idaho, how many extra layers of clothe did you have to bring???

And to the OP- traveled it many times with multiple RV's. First was my Raptor that was right at 13' 6". Called down and talked to a Sgt. He was the absolute least amount of help he could be. Told me to just drive down, there is an overheight detector and if it's to tall they'll tell you to turn around. He couldn't comprehend that was exactly what I wanted to avoid as it would have added hours and many extra miles to the trip. His final response was " big trucks go through it all of the time."! One other thing you may not be aware of, they do have a wind restriction, in case you travel during any type of storm. Too windy, and they will ask you to wait to cross until they deem it safe.
    We made sure to stop at the Columbia outlet before we left [emoji6]
    With the difference in humidity, it's really not that bad in the winter, and because of the difference, it's great in the summer.

I know about those wind restrictions, when we only had our first child we got stuck trying to get home in the middle of the night. We had a truck with some boxes in the bed of the truck and they wouldn't let us cross because of those boxes and the wind restriction. Our daughter wasnt even a year old and we were stuck waiting for about an hour, it wasnt a fun night. Unfortunately we couldn't get the boxes IN the truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koda61 View Post
    .......... I hope you are able to see the wild horses at Chincoteague. Again great question and great informational responses.
    Annie
    The wild horses actually are on Assateague Island which is mostly in Maryland and partly in Virginia. The Virginia herd is only brought over to Chincoteague for the annual water crossing and auction. You will have a much greater chance of seeing the horses up close at the Assateague National Park in Maryland. Nice side trip to see the ocean and horses. Many times the horses are walking along the beach.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12