User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulling a Momentum 351M through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge & Tunnel

Hello everyone! We are about to head out on an east coast adventure in our 2020 Momentum 351M, and part of the trip is crossing over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge & Tunnel to get to Chincoteague Island, VA. The max allowed height on that bridge is 13'6", which is what we measure at with the 3 A/C units on top. Has anyone pulled this height through that bridge & tunnel? We're a bit nervous about being right at the max height allowed, although we keep telling ourselves that they wouldn't allow that max height if there wasn't more clearance than that! The last thing we want is to cause an issue on that bridge!!! Thanks for any input you can provide. Emily & Tim C., Orlando

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimCichon View Post
    Hello everyone! We are about to head out on an east coast adventure in our 2020 Momentum 351M, and part of the trip is crossing over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge & Tunnel to get to Chincoteague Island, VA. The max allowed height on that bridge is 13'6", which is what we measure at with the 3 A/C units on top. Has anyone pulled this height through that bridge & tunnel? We're a bit nervous about being right at the max height allowed, although we keep telling ourselves that they wouldn't allow that max height if there wasn't more clearance than that! The last thing we want is to cause an issue on that bridge!!! Thanks for any input you can provide. Emily & Tim C., Orlando
    You should have no issues. Your average semi-truck/trailer is 13.6 and they go through there all the time. Before you get to the tunnel there is a oversize vehicle pull off you can use if you are unsure and the people in charge will come out and look at your rig. It is well marked by signs. I have driven semi trucks through there plenty of times and my height was 13.6.
    2018 Ram CC,LB DRW Longhorn 6.7, AISIN, 4.10s

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the center lanes are taller than that.

Make sure your propane tanks are turned off before entering, also.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for your input on that! We feel better now

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no center lane on that bridge tunnel. It's 2 lanes through each tunnel, 1 lane each direction. Semis go through there and you will be fine as long as you can keep it within the lane lines. I've pulled under many bridges that are listed at 13'6" and my ACs are still on my Momentum.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulling a Momentum 351M through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge & Tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    There is no center lane on that bridge tunnel. It's 2 lanes through each tunnel, 1 lane each direction. Semis go through there and you will be fine as long as you can keep it within the lane lines. I've pulled under many bridges that are listed at 13'6" and my ACs are still on my Momentum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for your input! We're feeling better about it now!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live on the DelMarVa peninsula and have traveled through the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel Bridge pulling our Momentum 376TH. You will not have any issues. Very unique travel that is 17.4 miles long. You will have to turn your propane bottles off. You will have room to pull over before you enter the toll booths. If you forget the attendant will ask you if have turned them off or not. If you forgot they will ask you to pull over and do so. Again, you will have a pull out space beyond the toll booth before you start your journey.

Years ago one of the most unique experience that I ever had traveling south and several miles out over the water. Straight ahead was an Navy aircraft carrier just entering into the passage that passes over the tunnel. As we were approaching the ship we started down into one of the two tunnels. Very strange and eery sight and feeling. I will never forget that.

Enjoy your trip.
    Last edited by vonzoog; 06-06-2020 at 01:44 PM.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for sharing that information on the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel Bridge with us, and your wonderful experience with !!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post

Dang FT4NOW, you sure have a passion for the central states...
    2020 Reflection 320MKS
    Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L, SRW
    Curt A16 Hitch
    Keller, TX

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydc View Post
    Dang FT4NOW, you sure have a passion for the central states...
    Eh, I wouldn't call it a passion. Weve camped up and down the East coast while we lived in VA and SC. We recently moved to Idaho and made it an adventure on the way. We had a moving company take all our stuff so we camped in all those states on the way out here.

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast