Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Literally, a burned out LED

Has anyone had an LED literally burn out? This one sparked and puffed a small amount of smoke. Tried another LED that I knew was good, and now nothing. Burned out the fixture too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had to replace 3 puck fixtures in our 369 (at my expense. I was out of warranty so I didn't push the issue) from the bulbs going bad. It seems like when the bulb goes out, so does the fixture. The replacement fixtures were somewhat different in that the bulb had a support shield of sorts that the original fixtures didn't have. I have noticed that some of the bulbs, after being on for a while get extremely hot on the back side of the circuit board. The LED's run cool but some of the circuit components get really hot. After seeing your picture, it makes me a little nervous since our rig is s/n 104 and yours is 107. Coincidence? Maybe not. I remember hearing that there may have been a bad batch of lights but I can't confirm this.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're #100 and having major problems with light bulbs going out. GD customer support is supposedly sending us replacement bulbs but they haven't arrived. Can't find these bulbs in any catalog or supply house. Some bulbs completely go out. Now one over the dinette is dim and flickers. Seems like GD should replace the fixtures since we're all having so many problems.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #100
    2013 Ram 3500 Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you Googled "RV LED LIGHTS"? Many sources for bulbs pop up.

Amazon.com can also be searched for RV LED Lights, and by the bulb ID Number.

There's also a specialty company advertising on some RV forums selling RV LED's, but I forget where to find them or their name online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JD called me this morning, less than an hour after posting. Said he'd take care of it for me
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up date, JD sent me 8 new LED's, including fixtures. And while I was talking to him I mentioned the DVD player wasn't showing video, just playing audio. He also sent me a new DVD player. Everything is now working perfectly. Oh yeah, all this even though we were out of warranty by almost a year. I can't say enough good things about Grand Design and their customer service, especially JD...
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We haven't had any problems with the LED lights yet (knock on wood), but we did have to have the DVD player replaced, under warranty, for the same reason, no video.

Steve

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool GSport. Reading all these conversations on how GD really steps up makes me so eager to go out and buy mine.

Courtney
    How do you get the LED pucks down? I don't want to break them. When we bought our momentum we noticed @least 14 lights out in the very high ceiling. Took it to the authorized dealer (1 hr away) and they laughed at us. Said they weren't blown out-just popped down from driving. Well this happens EVERYTIME we drive, but no one showed us how to fix it. I'm a little annoyed we will have to climb a ladder EVERYTIME we camp to fix these lights but would like to know how to pull them down without breaking them. We are back up to 14 lights out! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    How do you get the LED pucks down? I don't want to break them. When we bought our momentum we noticed @least 14 lights out in the very high ceiling. Took it to the authorized dealer (1 hr away) and they laughed at us. Said they weren't blown out-just popped down from driving. Well this happens EVERYTIME we drive, but no one showed us how to fix it. I'm a little annoyed we will have to climb a ladder EVERYTIME we camp to fix these lights but would like to know how to pull them down without breaking them. We are back up to 14 lights out! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Contact GD customer service. Talk to them about this issue. I would!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast