User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I run the Andersen magnetic blocks on all 6 jacks and I like them very much. Helps limit the jack extension, they are light and they stack nicely in the basement.
    I too have used the Andersen buckets for a couple of years now, no problems with them so far. Some of the stories about them breaking has me a little worried though, would hate for one under the landing gear to break!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just use one piece of 2 x 12 pressure treated wood under each strut pad. Inexpensive, environmentally friendly, tough, and not too tall.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200607_152522.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	27098

Quite happy with them so far. We stayed this past weekend on a gravel site that was far from level, so something like them was needed. The fact that they magnetically attach to the landing gear is actually really nice. Clip them on and don't worry about any adjusting of things on the ground, just drop it.

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddeup View Post
    Hello All, We just brought home our new "Sally" Solitude yesterday. We spent the first night at the dealership which worked out nicely. When the tech guy was helping us move the Solitude from our campsite to the bay for a few last minute touch up fixes, he told us to Never Ever place any type of stacker under the front auto leveling jacks. My husband had placed 1 wood block under 1 jack in the front. What can you tell us about your experience using stackers? Thanks
    We use 2" X 12" pressure-treated lumber cut into one-foot blocks, and stack at least two under each jack. As we stack them we rotate the grain 90 degrees on each block, which helps to prevent them splitting. We stack them up to six pieces high (including under the front jacks) in order to limit the extension of the jacks, which reduces movement of the trailer when people are moving around in it. We always have the wheel chocks in place.

Odd advice from your "tech guy"... in our experience they're not always the experts we hope they are.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why I use Anderson magnetic blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Geddeup View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that my husband is wanting to purchase the Anderson magnetic leveling blocks for the front two Auto leveling jacks. We have a 2020 Solitude 320GK and we Love her. Any advice?
    OK so here is my response and opinion. I absolutely use the Anderson leveling blocks and I use them on my front only. That said, I use them for several different reasons. the first is that my F450 is a tall truck and I run oversized tires on top of it. Sometimes you have to extend the legs fully out to get it high enough off my Anderson aluminum goose ball hitch. When doing so, I have the legs fully extended and sometimes it’s still not enough (depending on the terrain) to get the hitch separated. By using the blocks I do not have to extend the leveling legs as far to lift the trailer off. I have also found that this makes it more stable when the least amount of legs are exposed. When we camp this also gives a solid surface for the pads. Over time as the blocks start to sink, they pack the sand inside of them or the loose gravel which stops shifting. We do a LOT of camping in the dunes, on the beach and in the desert. I’m very happy with that BUT I have found you do have to be cautious in other ways. So nothing is without sacrifice. if you use the leveling blocks And depending on the terrain, if it’s sloped, after your unhitched, sometimes the jacks cannot retract far enough to use the auto level system. Meaning the front of the trailer does not tilt down far enough To activate the auto level feature. Again, based on terrain. I love that they are quality made I love that they are stackable and I love that they are magnetic so I don’t have to bend over as far lol. Also to mention, I only use them on the two front legs. even though I bought the six pack, I only use the two front legs and it serves my purpose well. So in short, the pump doesn’t have to work as hard, it creates a solid surface on almost any terrain and I feel the least amount of leg exposed seems to make the coach a little more stable.
    Todd & Helona and Chloe the dog (-:
    2019 Ford F450 4x4 DRW Custom
    2020 Grand Design 381M
    US ARMY Combat Vet (101st Airborne!)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caveat emptor

Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200607_152522.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	27098

Quite happy with them so far. We stayed this past weekend on a gravel site that was far from level, so something like them was needed. The fact that they magnetically attach to the landing gear is actually really nice. Clip them on and don't worry about any adjusting of things on the ground, just drop it.

Jim
    I bought 6 for our toy hauler. Had them for 3 years. Thought it was the perfect solution until a couple of months ago one of them (front left) cracked/split (huge cracks) in multiple places. Scared the bejesus out of me. Not sure what would’ve happened if that particular one collapsed. There was a very expensive class A right next to us. As u can imagine it was a frantic rush to get the rig lifted onto the truck and all the Anderson jack pads removed. Was really afraid that lifting the fronts would collapse the jack stand. Scary. I called Anderson for a refund and they would not do a refund. Not even for just that one. They would only do a replacement. I told them why would I take a replacement for something that might crack again in the future. Talked to multiple people at Anderson and they wouldn’t budge. They told me I could resell it if I wanted but there was nothing they could do. Wasn’t very happy at all. I threw them into the garbage. Now I just use my old fabricated wood stands I put together. Which I have no issues with. The Andersons at the time just looked more aesthetically pleasing. I’m thinking of using the snap on’s as well per below. I love my ultimate Anderson hitch. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t say the same for the jack pads.

https://www.amazon.com/SnapPad-Round...ck+pads&sr=8-4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased the Anderson’s and I love them! My only thought would be if you’re in wet soft soil they would sink in as the base isn’t solid. There isn’t and reason not to use them with our leveling system.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the youtube fulltime couples had several of those break. They bought Snap Pads and installed on their Momentum, we also bought a set for our Solitude. They are made from recycled tire rubber and enlarge the footprint a couple of inches and stay on the pads once installed. Worked perfectly on our 10,000 mile trip to the West Coast and back from Florida last year. They do not raise the pads but about 1/4" so if height is what you need you might also put the wooden blocks underneath but we haven't felt that it was necessary. Definitely recommend the Snap Pads.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Anderson Jack blocks. Love them

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Anderson Jack blocks. Love them.
    We have a Reflection 320 MKS. A step down from the Solitude

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast