User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddeup View Post
    Hello All, We just brought home our new "Sally" Solitude yesterday. We spent the first night at the dealership which worked out nicely. When the tech guy was helping us move the Solitude from our campsite to the bay for a few last minute touch up fixes, he told us to Never Ever place any type of stacker under the front auto leveling jacks. My husband had placed 1 wood block under 1 jack in the front. What can you tell us about your experience using stackers? Thanks

I sort of understand this coming from a reflection to a solitude. The reflection has an electric Jack screw that actually counts the turns of the screw to have the landing jacks touched the ground. That count has to be nearly the same for the auto level to work. Our solitude, and probably yours to, has hydraulic jacks. Since there is no mechanical device tying the distance each jack travel's it really should not matter. What I do on unlevel surfaces is, I will put stacking blocks on the low side to allow the jacks to extend far enough to level side to side or even if it's low on the front to back I will place the blocks under the low end to help the travel and the extension of the jacks. That is how I have always worked with both the electric screw jacks as well as the hydraulic jacks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I run the Andersen magnetic blocks on all 6 jacks and I like them very much. Helps limit the jack extension, they are light and they stack nicely in the basement.
    Agree 100%.....we've used the Andersen magnetic red blocks from day 1, with no issues.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 Solitude S 2930. It has the electric auto leveling jacks. Before taking delivery we purchased four Andersen blocks off Craigslist for $60. Thrilled with the deal, but after taking delivery of the trailer we learned the blocks will not fit under the jacks because they are too tall.

Watched a you-tube video from a Reflection owner who suggested using standard Lynx stacking blocks so levelers never have to travel more than 4". Ours takes a stack of two in the front and three or four on the back to get within four inches of contact. The auto leveling system seems to work fine and the unit is very stable once the jacks are down.

We have a similar clearance issue with our Camco sewer hose support so we bought a 10' length of plastic gutter instead.

This 2021 Solitude S is our first fifth wheel and we have noticed it has the least ground clearance of any trailer we have owned (have had 8 over 25 years). Assume this is just an adjustment we must accept if we want the extra room offered by a fifth wheel.
    2020 Solitude S 2930rl
    2017 GMC Denali HD 3500 6.5' Bed
    B&W turnover ball
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry and Kathy View Post
    This 2021 Solitude S is our first fifth wheel and we have noticed it has the least ground clearance of any trailer we have owned (have had 8 over 25 years). Assume this is just an adjustment we must accept if we want the extra room offered by a fifth wheel.
    It's more a function of the drop frame on the Solitude used to create all the flat floor storage room in the front end. The drain pipe sits that much lower because if has to route below the frame.
    2019 F-350 SRW 6.7 Powerstroke
    2020 Solitude S-Class 2930RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Confusion View Post
    It's more a function of the drop frame on the Solitude used to create all the flat floor storage room in the front end. The drain pipe sits that much lower because if has to route below the frame.
    Understand your comment and can live with the lower drain pipe. Still surprised by the height of the electric jacks and the inability to use the Andersen blocks; however, use of Lynx levelers works very well and trailer is very stable once auto-level is engaged.

Where do you hang wet towels in the bathroom of your 2930RL?
    2020 Solitude S 2930rl
    B&W turnover ball
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry and Kathy View Post
    Where do you hang wet towels in the bathroom of your 2930RL?
    We put 2 large Command hooks on the long wall across from the toilet, and 2 more in that little strip of wall between the slideout frame and the shower, to the left of the sink.
    2019 F-350 SRW 6.7 Powerstroke
    2020 Solitude S-Class 2930RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Confusion View Post
    We put 2 large Command hooks on the long wall across from the toilet, and 2 more in that little strip of wall between the slideout frame and the shower, to the left of the sink.
    Thanks for the reply. We bought the Command hooks as well but have not put them up yet. Worried about weight of a wet bath towel. Recently bought a towel ladder to lean against the wall across from the toliet.
    2020 Solitude S 2930rl
    B&W turnover ball
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Solitude 385 and I love the Anderson blocks. I use them 100% of the time on the front two legs and occasionally will use two on one side if really un-level. I also use the Anderson drive on levelers and those work great too. I place a 2x10 under the others legs. I used to carry around a lumber yard of wood and now just 6 pieces of 2x10’s and the Anderson blocks and levelers. BTW the levelers help keep the tires supported on an un-level spot. Just my 2 cents.
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a shower rod and put it on the inside of the shower to hang our wet towels on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234