User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Auto Level Leak

I have a 2020 momentum with the six point auto level my front left seems to be leaking where the red hose connects to the top of the hydraulic shaft. It appears to be a pretty slow leak I am leaving for Utah for one week tomorrow should I attempt to tighten it once the jacks are up or should I just leave it?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends where its leaking. Is it at the jack to fitting connection or is it the fitting where it attaches to the hose? One of my fittings started to fail and was leaking closer to the hose, tightening wont do anything for that.

I dont know if GD still uses the same hose, but on mine they are non-conductive hoses and they only make crimp fittings to replace them, I ended up having a hydraulic hose shop make a new one for me. I attempted to use a self sealing screw on type connector to repair it myself, but the OD of the non-conductive hose is to small to make a proper connection.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, yes it’s leaking at the actual fitting at the top of the jack to fitting. Doesn’t look like it’s leaking at the crimp. Do you think a 1/4 turn with an end wrench on the fitting is worth a shot once I retract the jack?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't hurt it. These fittings just really need to be wrench tight, not super human strength tight. I would def retract the jack first as you mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I’ll give it a try Wednesday.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one leaking slightly at the fitting and it was already pretty tight. I was afraid to go tighter so I talked to a Lippert rep. (at a rally) and he said "just tighten a little more and the leak will stop." So I added a bit of length to the wrench and carefully tightened a little more and sure enough no more leak. It didn't take much.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you I’ll give It a shot once I retract them.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    I had one leaking slightly at the fitting and it was already pretty tight. I was afraid to go tighter so I talked to a Lippert rep. (at a rally) and he said "just tighten a little more and the leak will stop." So I added a bit of length to the wrench and carefully tightened a little more and sure enough no more leak. It didn't take much.

It worked thanks