User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: What Shower Wand do you prefer

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheap RV Shower wand with on/off switch

0 0%
  • Dura Shower Wand (in the Extended Stay Units)

2 20.00%
  • 5-Function Message Shower Wand

0 0%
  • Oxygenics Shower Head (Camping World

8 80.00%
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Owners of the 355TH, 380TH, 385TH and Solitudes that are not the light units....

I was thinking of upgrading my shower wand in my unit to one of the Shower Slider Bar setup that is in the Extended stay units (Momentum and Solitude). I see on the manufacturers website that it looks like it has a bigger shower head in these units then those (like mine in the 350M) smaller cheaper style shower heads.

1) What if anybody would like to comment on there shower head on these units. Tell me is it any better then the smaller ones? If so, why do you think this?

2) Did any of you change out the head for that Oxygenic Shower Head that they sell at Camping World or Amazon? Does it feel that much better while taking a shower? I'm not to concerned with water savings as I don't dry camp.

3) They do have the 5-Function Message Shower Wand that goes with these units, it just doesn't have a trickle button on the head. Has anyone used one of these?

I had erased my original message as after I read it, it was a bit confusing. I hope this clears it up and thank you for taking part in the above listed poll.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just replaced the shower head in our 369 RL with an Oxygenics 5 function that we found at Bed, Bath and Beyond. We really are pretty happy with it. There is a setting that easily sprays as hard as our one at home. If you don't want that there are plenty of choices for a more gentle spray. I think it was only $30.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed the Oxygenic Shower Head that they sell at Camping World or Amazon, We took it off after trying it for 2 weeks, put back on the one that came with our 5er Solitude 379FL, I did drill 1 more small hole in the water saver disk in the head inlet, Feels more like our rain head we had at home ( FTing now ) Why? The Oxygenic did not seem to get the shampoo out of DW hair,,(me Bald LOL) But we are vary happy with the one that GD installed,, But with me @ 6'4" the slide bar is not tall enough so I used the hanger that came with the Ox to mount ours just above the shower Wall works like a champ.. So I have the Ox setting in the basement, heck may hook it up on the outside shower,,,,,,,,,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    We just replaced the shower head in our 369 RL with an Oxygenics 5 function that we found at Bed, Bath and Beyond. We really are pretty happy with it. There is a setting that easily sprays as hard as our one at home. If you don't want that there are plenty of choices for a more gentle spray. I think it was only $30.
    I will check this out. Might be a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
    We installed the Oxygenic Shower Head that they sell at Camping World or Amazon, We took it off after trying it for 2 weeks, put back on the one that came with our 5er Solitude 379FL, I did drill 1 more small hole in the water saver disk in the head inlet, Feels more like our rain head we had at home ( FTing now ) Why? The Oxygenic did not seem to get the shampoo out of DW hair,,(me Bald LOL) But we are vary happy with the one that GD installed,, But with me @ 6'4" the slide bar is not tall enough so I used the hanger that came with the Ox to mount ours just above the shower Wall works like a champ.. So I have the Ox setting in the basement, heck may hook it up on the outside shower,,,,,,,,,
    Thanks for the feedback. That's what I thought would be one of the problems with the Ox shower head. I only saw one video of it actually on and it seemed like it had a "dry area" when on. I too am 6'4" and the slider bar hight adjustment was my other concern, but I thought it could work well for my kids (they not that tall yet )

I really don't have water pressure issues, I have an adjustable regulator to get as much safe pressure as I can in the unit. But thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Reflection and changed to a Oxygenic Shower head from Campingworld. Big difference in water pressure! Awesome!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ownrd 4 RVs and the oxygenics shower head is the best money I have ever spent.
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lucky View Post
    I have a Reflection and changed to a Oxygenic Shower head from Campingworld. Big difference in water pressure! Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by concreteman View Post
    I have ownrd 4 RVs and the oxygenics shower head is the best money I have ever spent.
    Are you all using a pressure regulator inline with your systems? Or is this un-regulated and just gives you better feel of pressure? I don't really have pressure issues in my unit, but I don't like the way the cheapy shower head works anymore.

Again thanks for your input, the poll is making the decision easier.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I use a pressure regulator all the time. My first camping trip in my Reflection I had the shower head that came with The rv and I had very little water pressure I could barely get the soap off. After that trip changed over to Oxygenic shower head and shower pressure has been awesome! Lots of pressure now.