User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water on slide toppers

A question for 384 GK-R owners or any others with very long slides with toppers: Have you come up with any way to prevent rain water from puddling non top? I get a lake in each of mine after it rains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabervin View Post
    A question for 384 GK-R owners or any others with very long slides with toppers: Have you come up with any way to prevent rain water from puddling non top? I get a lake in each of mine after it rains.
    This was discussed in another thread a few weeks ago - you could search for that. People who had experienced this (including me, regularly) seem generally to be resigned to it. If solutions were proposed I honestly don’t remember them, which means they weren’t something I’d be willing to do to prevent the phenomenon. When the slides come in the water goes off the end and the outside, doesn’t come inside the trailer, and nothing seems the worse for wear. Mind you, we don’t stay in the same spot with slides out for months at a time. YMMV.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I auto level I will usually raise the front end a little so there is some sort of slope, not enough to make it awkward inside, but enough for gutters to run out and rain to not puddle on slide. I dont use the auto hitch function, so adjusting after auto level doesnt bother me. I also sweep off the slide tops before I bring them in to he safe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I have that problem and I participated in the other recent thread about the water. No real solution was given and I don't worry about it anymore. One piece of advise I can give - make sure your windows are closed when bring the slide in. If they are open and you have water on the topper you'll end up with water in the rv when you close the slide (lesson learned the hard way).
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw someone on a ladder next to his slide with a small blow up plastic pillow and extendable aluminum pole. The pillow looked like a pool accessory. I watched as he carefully pushed the pillow under the slide topper. He had a pillow for each side. Our slide is not that long but I have an idea what to do if I notice water in the middle.

PS - if you try this make sure to remember to remove it out before closing up
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I would need more than a pillow. Our slides are about 25’ long. I know about the beachball solution. I could see myself pushing them in, but I don’t know how I’d get them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 GMC 3500 HD Denali

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I would need more than a pillow. Our slides are about 25’ long. I know about the beachball solution. I could see myself pushing them in, but I don’t know how I’d get them out.
    Yeah, 25’ is pretty long. Maybe something like an inflatable tube barrier, see link. Says they can custom make them starting at 12” diameter & 10’, 20’ etc. length. Maybe get two 10’ sections and put one in through each end? No experience with the company or their pricing.

http://www.zebec.com/Inflatable_Barriers.htm
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, the problem of relatively flat toppers on deep slides! @Tigger1 has it! This was my solution when we had this issue two campers ago. I have access to various membranes and welding equipment so it was an easy solution for me. Can't tell you how many times I was approached to sell mine or to make them for others! Lol. FWIW - used a set of electrician's segmental fiberglass "glow rods" to quickly put the inflated bladder in place while setting camp.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A question for 384 GK-R owners or any others with very long slides with toppers: Have you come up with any way to prevent rain water from puddling non top? I get a lake in each of mine after it rains. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Flipped open Trailer Life magazine just now and a note in it mentions these:

https://www.rossrvinnovations.info/s...upport-system/

The note also mentions using mooring buoys, the white plastic things boaters use for docking, but you might need a lot of them for your slides.

Good luck with your choices.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Flipped open Trailer Life magazine just now and a note in it mentions these:

https://www.rossrvinnovations.info/s...upport-system/

The note also mentions using mooring buoys, the white plastic things boaters use for docking, but you might need a lot of them for your slides.

Good luck with your choices.
    Perfect! Added it to my bookmarks in case I need one down the road.
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast