User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Some companies just don't get it. If you criticize something and call for a ban of it, regardless of what it is You probably just alienated half of your customers.Not a good idea. If you are going to ban something like messages on clothing ban all of it people can understand that.
    I believe they have the right to do these things, that’s not to say it’s an intelligent or savvy business move, but that’s a different topic. I believe they are pandering to a hostile crowd in an attempt to appease them...sad. I also believe we, as consumers, need to pay attention to these kinds of things.

The only way to get a message of disapproval across is to speak the only language they understand, money. If enough people go elsewhere when a company begins to support things we may not agree with, it resonates. At that point they have to decide if the position they’ve taken is worth it or not.

The people I feel for are the employees. Many don’t have many other options and it can be difficult to walk away from a job where the employer’s moral or political position doesn’t line up with your own.

It would be nice just to be able to go to work or buy something without worrying about this kind of BS, but we live in such a crazy world these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask camping world or dicks sporting goods how well it works to pick political sides and tell the public if they don't like it go someplace else. They are both bankrupt now. Can't survive on i/2 of your customer base.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't heard of this edict from Goodyear before I put new Goodyear tires on the 5th wheel. If I had I would have selected a different brand. Just my opinion but I believe that they are betting that come January there will be a different set of rules for our country and companies will be expected to "toe the line" in political correctness.

To work for the company you will:
    Support Black Lives Matter and Antifi,
    Believe in late term abortions,
    Agree to defund the police,
    Agree to an open border,
    Citizenship for all.
    You will not believe in:
    Police,
    All lives matter,
    Blue lives matter.

As a former history teacher and history buff, it's hard to believe how quickly this county is heading toward George Orwell's 1984 and Nazi Germany under Hitler.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see nothing wrong with GY's new rule. It works both ways. No Maga hats or anti Trump hats. Going neutral makes it easier for both sides to get along.

Just because something is disallowed doesn't automatically mean something else is allowed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I see nothing wrong with GY's new rule. It works both ways. No Maga hats or anti Trump hats. Going neutral makes it easier for both sides to get along.

Just because something is disallowed doesn't automatically mean something else is allowed.
    Wouldn’t it be great if that were the case? I can’t post pictures here, so I’ll just post a link to a story that has a picture of the “diversity training” slide that was presented by Goodyear’s now disavowed diversity team. It’s far from neutral, although I suspect that’s what they’d like people to believe after this blew up in their face. They are participating In the same BS that is plaguing corporate offices and universities across the US.

The last tire I bought from Goodyear will certainly be the last tire I buy from them unless they come out with something much stronger than the weak PR stunt they tried to use to smooth things over...they can’t have it both ways and keep me as a customer. From what I’m seeing, I’m not the only one fed up with it.

https://www.thetrucker.com/trucking-...de-controversy

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about the Sailuns. I've never heard anything bad about them on fifth wheels, especially at the $150 price point which is substantially cheaper than any other G rated tire.

The Michelins on the rear of my F250 were $550 a pair from Sam's Club--expensive. I thought I'd look into the Sailuns for my front end after I had an unrepairable flat. I got looking for Sailuns, and only place I could find them were Walmart.com. The tires came out of Sailun's warehouse in Florida. I still question if they're available at any other source than directly from Sailun through Walmart.

So far, I have no complaints with the Sailuns on my tow vehicle.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I still question if they're available at any other source than directly from Sailun through Walmart.
    I found Sailun tires at my Les Schwab tire store in Oregon. They are a west coast franchise. I think I saw them at Discount Tire as well.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two years ago I had the warehouse in Florida directly and had them delivered to the shop that was mounting them for us. Don't remember now what we paid for them. Darn CRS.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Goducks14 you see nothing wrong with the company you work for telling you that in order to work for them you have to believe in black lives matter, antifi, LGBTQ, defunding the police and late term abortions? Then I have to ask you what's next. If you have a child and it's a girl but you already have a girl then it's okay for the company to dispose of the child? What happens if your son or daughter is a police officer, then it's okay for the company to tell you that you can't associate with you child? What about the company telling you who you can vote for in every election?

I'm sorry but my Father skipped across the Pacific in WWII inorder to for us to have the freedom to make up our own minds about who to vote for and all the other freedoms that we still have. My wife's uncles flew fighter plans in Europe and Korea to stop to spread of this very thing. So I'll not be supporting a company that does not assemble a diverse work force with varying beliefs but becomes a company that want to control all aspects of their employees.

I will agree that the company has a right to set a dress code for their employees, for example: Men must wear shirts with collars, Women must not wear "see thru tops", skirts must at the knee, no shorts, no loose clothing around heavy equipment. But they don't have the right to control their employees lives by telling the employees who they must believe in, who they must support, who they must make contribution to and who they can't support or believe in.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Ask camping world or dicks sporting goods how well it works to pick political sides and tell the public if they don't like it go someplace else. They are both bankrupt now. Can't survive on i/2 of your customer base.
    Well that's not even remotely true.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast