User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I think I saw them at Discount Tire as well.
    Discount doesn't carry them around here. That would be nice.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good source for Sailun tires is Simple Tire https://simpletire.com/brands/sailun-tires
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    Mostly curious, as I am confused ... if the Goodyear Unisteel G614 RST tires are touted and advertised so much as trailer tires, then why are they classified as LT (light truck) tires. Why doesn't Goodyear class them as a ST (Specialty Trailer) tire. I thought sidewalls on ST tires were stronger than LT tires. So, if I have made up my mind on Goodyears for my 5th Wheel should it be:

Unisteel G614 RST Light Truck tires

OR

Endurance ST 235 Specialty Trailer tires ?
    With a reflection I would go with endurance. Jayco is putting endurance on everything including Pinnacles which are similar to the solitude in weight. I do like the extra "ply's" of a G tire but a good E tire should hold up just fine.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    m

I will agree that the company has a right to set a dress code for their employees, for example: Men must wear shirts with collars, Women must not wear "see thru tops", skirts must at the knee, no shorts, no loose clothing around heavy equipment. But they don't have the right to control their employees lives by telling the employees who they must believe in, who they must support, who they must make contribution to and who they can't support or believe in.
    Austex - I agree that companies can’t force employees to say or believe anything that violates that employee’s values. However, they can and should be able to take a position on issues and support who they wish. That said, people can and should decide if the positions a company supports violates their values and they should act accordingly.

My real beef is when a company takes a position privately and then turns around and tries to disavow that position when it blows up in their face, as Goodyear has done. There is no way that their “diversity training” was done by some rouge group of employees and that Goodyear leadership didn’t know what they were saying/doing. This is such a hot button topic right now and the leadership of these organizations, if not driving the content of these kinds of presentations, are well aware of what’s being presented by their trainers. They should be held accountable for their dishonesty and lack of integrity. The only way I have to hold them accountable is through my checkbook.

If a company goes too far, as I believe Goodyear has, no one is forced to work for them or buy their products, that’s the beauty of a capitalist economy. It is true that some employees may not have many choices in terms of who they work for given their location or situation. I feel for people in those situations. Nonetheless, when it comes right down to it, I would walk away rather than work for a company that supports a Marxist group like BLM. It’s that important.

Goodyear has made it clear where they stand and I won’t be giving them any of my hard-earned money so that they can turn around and support a group that is out to destroy the US (BLM).

Goodyear is free to choose who they will support and so am I.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    With a reflection I would go with endurance. Jayco is putting endurance on everything including Pinnacles which are similar to the solitude in weight. I do like the extra "ply's" of a G tire but a good E tire should hold up just fine.
    Personally I went with G614s 3 years ago. They were expensive but I needed them quickly for a cross country trip.

Today I’d probably go with Sailuns first choice or second choice Endurance Sailuns are a few $$$ cheaper than the Endurance tires a pond they are G-Rated. https://simpletire.com/catalog?selec...&query=catalog
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AustexGP View Post
    So Goducks14 you see nothing wrong with the company you work for telling you that in order to work for them you have to believe in black lives matter, antifi, LGBTQ, defunding the police and late term abortions? Then I have to ask you what's next. If you have a child and it's a girl but you already have a girl then it's okay for the company to dispose of the child? What happens if your son or daughter is a police officer, then it's okay for the company to tell you that you can't associate with you child? What about the company telling you who you can vote for in every election?

I'm sorry but my Father skipped across the Pacific in WWII inorder to for us to have the freedom to make up our own minds about who to vote for and all the other freedoms that we still have. My wife's uncles flew fighter plans in Europe and Korea to stop to spread of this very thing. So I'll not be supporting a company that does not assemble a diverse work force with varying beliefs but becomes a company that want to control all aspects of their employees.

I will agree that the company has a right to set a dress code for their employees, for example: Men must wear shirts with collars, Women must not wear "see thru tops", skirts must at the knee, no shorts, no loose clothing around heavy equipment. But they don't have the right to control their employees lives by telling the employees who they must believe in, who they must support, who they must make contribution to and who they can't support or believe in.
    I have yet to read anywhere that GY says you have to defund police, be pro LBGT and pro abortion, etc.
    Show me where GY said that.

BTW I love my GY ST tires and will get another set when they wear out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I have yet to read anywhere that GY says you have to defund police, be pro LBGT and pro abortion, etc.
    Show me where GY said that.

BTW I love my GY ST tires and will get another set when they wear out.
    Goodyear, through its company policies is supporting BLM, a Marxist organization who is working every day to cause unrest and destroy the the US. Even if Goodyear produced the best tireD in the world, given their current position, I wouldn’t spend a dime on them. You’re certainly free to support that if you choose, as for me, I will not and I don’t think I’m alone. Enjoy those tires right along with the BLM rioting, looting, and senseless violence they are supporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Off topic, but is anyone running BF Goodrich Commercial T/A All Season 2 on their trailer. Considering it against the GY Endurance in my tire and wheel upgrade. https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...-all-season-2# Also Discount Tire stop selling Westlake. They do carry the G614 https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...r-g614/p/31405 but it is overkill for my trailer.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123