Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New member - first time RV purchase

Hello everyone. New member here, and just wanted to check in and say hi. We are picking up our new Transcend Xplor 265BH, our very first RV, this Friday. After extensive research, we decided on the Grand Design and are super exited to pick it up and use it. We love the layout, and our 2 boys (10 & 6) are exited about the bunk beds! We already have a campsite reserved for July 4th.

Our tow vehicle is a 2016 Chevy 3500, DRW duramax diesel. I know it's plenty of truck, but I am not sure about the hitch set up we will need. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Phillip

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! There are plenty of hitch choices depending on your budget. I will say dont get the cheapest one out there, I've had an EAZ Lift which was "included" with a previous TT, I was not impressed and wouldn't use it on a future trailer. I've heard good things about Blue Ox, plenty of people on here use them with great reviews. Hensley and Propride make good hitches, but I think they're on the higher end of the price range. Whatever you do, make sure your spring bars are sized appropriately for your tongue weight. Best way is use a tongue scale, GDs advertised weight will be lower than actual. I'm sure if you search the forum for WDH or distribution hitch you will get some good topics to read about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

The truck to TT is such that the extreme engineering and excellent performance of the Hensley or ProPride are beyond what you need. However, a good weight distributing hitch with sway control is. When we had TTs, I went away from more traditional trunnion bar and link style to the Equal-i-zer 4-point. It can be a little more noisy than others, but you'll never know behind the diesel, and the ease of setup and performance are worth it! Check them out! If you're anywhere in the NE, I have our used one up for sale and it is rated for your new camper. Happy camping and memory making!!!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! We almost purchased the same trailer as we really like the floor plan. As for hitches, we use the Equalizer 4-point hitch and are satisfied with it.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Phillip,

Mind if I ask what you paid? Trying to negotiate a purchase, and don’t feel like I am getting a standard % off msrp. Love the floor plan, and all of the quality that GD seems to provide.

Thanks,

Clayton