User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yeah, I'm one that calls BS on all the "positives".

Yours is now the 6th story I've heard from people that went to a doctor with no symptoms or temperature and "test positive".

One of our Techs was in a motorcycle accident 2 weeks ago. He went to the emergency room where 3 different nurses took his temperature before the doctor came in. Doctor came in and said his temp is high and needs to test for Covid. Turns out his temp was normal, and the doctor was just trying to get the Federal money for Covid cases.
    That's just it, they are stories. Stories become tales, tales become conspiracies.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    That's just it, they are stories. Stories become tales, tales become conspiracies.
    I think many conspiracy theories start on their own.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I think many conspiracy theories start on their own.
    I politely disagree because somebody starts them, unintentionally, intentionally or with an agenda. I take that what you mean is "he said...she said" just takes off and gets a life of it's own.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-09-2020 at 01:37 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your surgery being postponed. Hopefully everything will be better soon for you. Stay well!
    Grand Design Imagine 2020 2600 RB
    Bob and Kathy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be interested to see how many that test positive come back positive on a retest in a day or so later.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least that the "experts" code your your knee injury as Covid related.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, as someone who has to air transport C-19 patients, I’m here to tell you it is no conspiracy. Seeing people fighting for their life ( and many losing that fight) puts a perspective on it.
    That said, I wish the OP health, and staying asymptotmatic. This virus sucks because some who think they are over and done with it all of a sudden get a kick in the chops with it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend who died from Covid, died only 3 days after experiencing symptoms. He caught it from an asymptotmatic family member. Try telling. His family it’s a conspiracy.

My wife and I just got tested on Monday and are waiting fir the results.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^This. People think it a joke/conspiracy/ whatever until they, or a close friend, or loved one is fighting for their life. It is a TERRIBLE way to die btw. I’d rather be shot.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    False negative: very easy to get if you are doing the swab test by yourself and just not push the swab deep enough. Or do it too early, before the virus has multiplied in your system.

False positive: to be honest, that's harder to achieve, but can happen, if the lab doesn't do a good job and contaminates from one sample to the other.

In any case: round about 80% of infected people will have something in between a range of no symptoms at all to fever/cough/loss of taste of smell and taste. It can come on in any combination. Only 20% of infections will require more attention to get through. That means, you don't need a conspiracy theory, there's no need to charge it politically. Just be happy that COV2 is not as deadly as other viruses (and still is 10x as the flu).
    Last edited by BeenGone; 06-27-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the well wishes. After 2 weeks, tested negative so my surgery could proceed. THankfully, it went smooth and fast. That was 17 days ago and healing is occurring. I'm pain free, unless i try to do something stupid with that leg, for now. PT starts in a week or so, i think, then the pain will return. That pain i welcome because it means my leg is returning to normal.
    Back to the asymptomatic discussion, the state of Indiana's medical director has twice (at least) been on the news warning folks of the high % of people carrying with no symptoms - at first it was 40%, then with this last "surge" she reported 43%.
    I guess that's a real good reason to wear a mask, because you could spread it very unintentionally. I haven't done antibody test yet as my MD says it doesn't guarantee protection. Plus a nurse close to this explained to me that the more you're affected by it the stronger your antibodies "seem" to be. Oh well.
    Just thankful i didn't get it bad like some other people we know.
    Current camping goal is to Take our 5th wheel back to Jensen Beach FL for snowbirding in early November. The question mark now is will there be anything left in FL, given their big surge in cases now.
    Eric and Carolyn
    Louisville KY
    2015 Ford F350
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12